Unable to install Sequoia 15.1 beta 4 on MPB M1

The download of the update worked fine. But when I try to install, it throws the error software update

Same here on MacBook Pro M3

Same - 14" MBP M1 - two password requests then fails

Same here on Mac mini M1

Surprisingly, I did not have Find My Mac turned on (I recently switched computers) and the update failed. Once I turned it on, the update proceeded as expected.

Same here. Mac Mini 2023 M2 Pro, 16 Gb Memory.

My response was different. The first time I tried, the download failed and I got this error:

Then I restarted and the mack came up like I had just completed an update - Extensions needed permissions, etc.

But it still said I had the Beta 4 update to run. so I tried it again. Ir failed on download and I got this same error. I restarted again but machine restarted normally, no request to grant permissions. I tried the update aginind and got the siame error.

Maybe there is a problem with Beta 4 with some configurations and Apple is restricting install like with the IOS 18 and the M4 iPad Pro 13"

b

After looking at some other forums, I found a suggestion to turn off Find My Mac. I did that, and the update worked.

As Milda2000 suggested, in a previous comment I upgraded my Sequoia 15.0 RC to Sequoia 15.0 found in the Apple Store. FYI, the build numbers for the RC and the Apple download turned out to be the same (24A335). I first switched off Beta Updates in Automatic Download options. After the "reinstall of 15.0", I turned beta downloads back on and Sequoia 15.1 Beta 4 was again offered for install. I was able to install with no problems.
Using a MacBook Pro M3 Max.

Reinstalling Sequoia from the App store and then trying the beta again worked for me. iMac, 2021.

+1 For MacBook Air M1

Turning off Find My Mac let me install this beta

This did it for me: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255759690?answerId=260764062022&sortBy=rank#260764062022

TLDR: Turn off find my mac, update, turn on find my mac again.

Turn off find my mac and the install will work

Unable to install Sequoia 15.1 beta 4 on MPB M1

Q