App Review - Guideline 2.3.3 Performance - Accurate Metadata i.e. Screenshots in Distribution/Product profile

Regarding Performance - Accurate Metadata i.e. Screenshots in Distribution/Product profile (Guideline 2.3.3):

Our e-learning app has been rejected in App Review regarding compliance with Guideline 2.3.3 Performance - Accurate Metadata i.e. Screenshots in Distribution/Product profile.

The following is our query:

Our app is designed exclusively for iPhone users and will not be distributed for iPad devices.

• Is it mandatory to include iPad screenshots on the App Store, even if we do not have an iPad version?
  • If not, why is the field requesting iPad App Store screenshots indicated as mandatory? Is this for marketing purposes only?

The above query is based on the following instruction provided by the Apple Support/review team:

• Your iPad Pro (2nd Gen) and 13-inch iPad screenshots show an iPhone device frame scale. Upload new screenshots that accurately reflect the app in use on iPad.

• Some or all of the provided screenshots do not sufficiently show the app in use. Screenshots should highlight the app's core concept to help users understand the app’s functionality and value.

Follow these requirements when adding or updating screenshots:

• Marketing or promotional materials that do not reflect the UI of the app are not appropriate for screenshots.

• The majority of the screenshots should highlight the app's main features and functionality.

• Confirm that the app looks and behaves identically in all languages and on all supported devices.

• Make sure that the screenshots show the app in use on the correct device, unless they are included to demonstrate that the app can be used on multiple Apple platforms. For example, iPhone screenshots should be taken on iPhone, not on iPad.

Next Steps

The iPad Pro (2nd Gen) and 13-inch iPad screenshots show an iPhone device frame. Upload new screenshots that accurately reflect the app in use on each of the supported devices.

Looking forward to anyone's kind response that can help us resolve this issue. Thanks!

Thank you for your post. We're investigating this currently. A representative from App Review will contact you to provide further assistance. If you continue to experience issues during review, please contact us.

App Review - Guideline 2.3.3 Performance - Accurate Metadata i.e. Screenshots in Distribution/Product profile

Q