App Store icons for iOS 18

I updated my apps for iOS 18, and included separate icons for Light, Dark and Tint modes. The icons show up correctly on the device and simulators based on the user preferences. The problem is that on the product page of the App Store, the tint version of the icon is being displayed. This is just the grayscale version and I would like the Light version to be displayed. App Store Connect shows the same tint version on the "Apps" page. However the individual app pages show the Light version of the icon in the Build and Included Assets section. Please help - how can I ensure that the Light version is displayed on the App Store product page?

Answered by App Store Connect Engineer in 806850022

Hello, thank you again for these reports. We believe we have resolved this issue. If you continue to experience issues with your App Store icons, please contact us.

Same issue happening to me. Looks like Apple engineers are aware of this issue.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/763836

I wonder if there's a word around to make it work? Maybe updating the App and pushing a new version?

The following workaround seems to have worked for me - I noticed that my icon image files were created in different color spaces. The light and the dark files were in RGB whereas the tint version was Gray. And for some reason, App Store Connect was pulling the tint version. So I recreated the tint version. I changed the colors of the elements to grayscale (in the authoring tool), but saved the file in RGB color space. Then re-submitted the binary with the updated icon files to App Store Connect and it seems to have worked. App Store is now extracting the light version from all these apps. Hope that helps.

Accepted Answer

Hello, thank you again for these reports. We believe we have resolved this issue. If you continue to experience issues with your App Store icons, please contact us.

App Store icons for iOS 18

Q