Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

Yes, I've been having the same Magic Mouse scrolling issues on my M1 Macbook Pro since on Monterey

Same problem here. I have to turn the mouse off in Bluetooth and then back on again, or restart the computer. Happened as soon as I updated to Monterey

Same issue, my mouse does not scroll after update to Monterey and has to be turned off and on. I tried using another Magic Mouse and had the same problem.

When is this going to be fixed Apple?? Not only my mouse misbehaves after update to Monterrey, but all my Bluetooth devices are wonky, disconnecting/re-connecting etc. Please fix asap.

Same problem, waiting on a patch fix

Hey guys, I spent weeks trying to fix this, I think I just found a solution, try this : https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/logitech-scroll-wheel-not-working-macos-mojave I had to tick both boxes Logi Options (was not ticked) and Logi Options Daemon (was ticked). I use a Logitech mouse (both usb and bluetooth) on Monterey and had the same issue with Big Sur. It does the trick for me, I hope it does it for you too!

The problem happens for me when the mouse goes to sleep, not the laptop. To make the scroll work again, I simply turn the mouse off and back on.

same issue! need to turn off and then on to make the scrolling work. there are also instances when the mouse becomes laggy, so i would turn it on and off again.

My wife’s MBA Air M1 also having mouse scroll problem after the macbook is awaken from sleep. Using MacOS Monterey 12.0.1. Please fix this problem ASAP. It’s very annoying to turn off the Bluetooh & turning on again or restart to make the scroll works again.

Same story, MacBook Air (M1, 2020) with 12.0.1.

I use logitech profile mouse as well as magic mouse.

I changed scrolling direction in logitech options and then the logitech mouse started scrolling but not the magic mouse. Turned that on and off and that started working.

Probably some kind of interaction with after Memory Overload on M1, Logitech Options

Mouse trouble as well....I have a 2020 MacBook Air...running Monterey...I have a first generation apple mouse...it will only scroll down, not back up. I've cleaned my mouse, changed batteries, disconnected bluetooth and reconnected, restarted MacBook and tried adjusting mouse settings....still only one directional scroll..I'm thinking it must be a software issue with Monterey???

Same here....don´t work with macOS Monterrey....on and off....

Same here. Using Logitec Mobile Mouse MX Anywhere 2s on a 14 inch M1 max running 12.0.1. Restarting Mouse fixes issue but sometimes only for seconds. Other times for hours.

Right now.. it only works for seconds. So will restart the MBP. :(

Same problem here, i have a Mac Air M1, scroll stop working and my mice keeps turning on and off the signal (its not a mice problem, i use it normally on other devices and it works how it should)

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q