Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

Turn off the screen saver, the solution for me. MacBook Air M1

I have the same issue. Restarting the mouse works and its annoying

same here, very annoying turning magic mouse on and off also works for me. APPLE please fix this!!!.

Same here. No mouse gesture either. A bit disappointing for an IT feature that exist since a few decades...

In the Bluetooth icon/menu on the menubar, place your pointer on the mouse icon. Click (to disconnect) and press Enter on the keyboard (to reconnect).

Same Problem. But I don't use a apple mouse.

same problem.

Same here for MacBook Air M1, turn off and then turn on but DOES NOT WORK ALL THE TIME.apple Magic Mouse 3,recently buyed

Same here! When it wakes from sleep, mouse won't scroll. The I unlink it, relink it and it works again. Super annoying, and right after Monterrey update on MacBook Pro M1

For me it only works after I turn off and on the magic mouse and then go to System Preferences - Mouse - Setup new bluetooth mouse. This pairs again the mouse without the need to restart the Mac

I have had the same issue after the update. I tried to correct it in settings>mouse but to no avail. When will this get fixed? We should not be forced to individually correct this since it is a common complaint now. I had to switch over to a manual wired keyboard because my Bluetooth ones mostly had issues during the past 3 months (all of a sudden).

I now have to rely on the spacebar to scroll! What a hassle, any solutions or better shotcuts?

Same problem!

I have the same problem. Very annoying on a 2 day old 2020 MacBook Pro with Magic Mouse 2.

Really inhibits workflow. However a quick click on Bluetooth in menu bar and switch mouse BT off and on solves the issue for me.

Yes the same problem. Thanks for your tip to fix. Nice.

Same issue on MacBook Air M1 after the Monterey upgrade.

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q