Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

Same issue here, monterey for about 2-3weeks in my Mid2017 Imac Retina.... such annoying a few times per days X per fews days at work.... I hope apple will get an update fix for that...

The same problem with microsoft sculpt comfort mouse, I turn off the mouse, change the USB port and nothing seems to work. Restart the app sometimes works or restart all mac. I hope apple will get an update fix for that

#metoo

Apple Magic Mouse also facing the same problem

same issue with me when I upgraded my M1 MBA to Monterey. Disconnecting/reconnecting magic mouse from Bluetooth works for me which is still annoying lol

Yes same problem, need to re-connect to make it work again. annoying ! But also my external screen connect to the usb-c port (including power delivery to the mac) is only showing the mouse-pointer on a black screen. No picture! Need to re-connect to make it work again. also reboot does resolve this problem. It seems the drivers are not reloaded after waking up from sleep and only the default function will work from the drivers.

Apple Please fix this!

Same problem here. I turned my Magic Mouse off and on again and the problem is fixed... until it comes back again.

Same problem with MacBook Pro Mid 2015 (15 inch). It all started when I upgraded to macOS Monterey. Only when the mouse is turned off & on again (and connected to Bluetooth) the scrolling works once more (till laptop goes to sleepmode).

Same issue with MacBook Air M1 since Monterey update. But the turn on/turn off trick works for me.

Same issue here and my keyboard doesn't light up when caps lock is on

MBP 16" M1 Pro. Running Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard with Touch ID. Sometimes when I wake from sleep the mouse scroll doesn't work and the caps lock light doesn't come on (just discovered the caps lock issue, thanks @LettieA). Power cycling each fixes the issues.

Hi! Turn off, then turn on the mouse again. This is the solution. Shame.

What also helps is plugging the mouse to the mac with the USB cable for a second.

Turning OFF the magic mouse and again turning back to ON always fixes this for me. This process takes around a minute for my iMac to connect back to mouse but it is much better than restarting the PC.

I have a MBP M1 and my magic mouse scrolling wasn't working on Monterey. I turned off the mouse, then turned it back on and let it reset and it started scrolling properly. HTH.

I also have the same problem after upgrading Monterey 12.0.1. Mouse scroll stops working when I keep my mac idle for some time and I have to switch off and on to make the scrolling work

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q