Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

switch it off and back on and works again

Yes same problem here. I have a new Mac mini with the M1 chip. Works again but I have to re-start every time.

same same

Same problem here. Upgraded to 12.0.1... problem appeared. MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)

I have found a solution to this. Open up your terminal and type:

sudo launchctl stop com.apple.bluetoothd
sudo launchctl start com.apple.bluetoothd

Same issue with my 24 inch M1 iMac.

Turn off and on my magic mouse fixed. But it is rather annoying. Please get a fix asap.

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) M1 Pro 12.0.1

Same issue with my Logitech Mouse M275 mouse. Erratically stops working. Only a system reset temporarily fixes it. Super annoying.

Same issue here - M1 MacBook Air. This doesn't look to be a small issue if this many people experience it. Hopefully they sort it out soon. I don't think it's simply bluetooth not functioning because the mouse does move and click, just the scroll function is lost.

Turning mouse off and on again sounds like an IT Crowd solution... but it works.

Same problem here

I can confirmt that this happens with my Magic Mouse2 in Monterey My pattern is:

• Computer goes to sleep
  • Computer wakes up
  • Mouse is not swiping nor scrolling
  • Disconnect and connect Mouse
  • Everything is working ok again

Same problem, tried calling support deleted some files but after a couple of days problem returned. looks like solution is to disconnect and reconnect thing.

Same here on an iMac. Switching the mouse Off and On resolves it.

Restart system fix me issue but it return when I suspend machine

I am having this issue on a 2018 MacBook Pro with Monterey 12.0.1 and a Logitech MX Master mouse. Only way to fix is to restart.

Same issue with the scrolling on MacBook Air M1

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q