Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

same here

Same here. Hopefully there will be O/S upgrade soon to address this issue in Monterey 12.0.1

I have the same problem with Monterey 12.01 M1 pro sleeps Magic mouse stops scrolling disconnect reconnect bluetooth works again then mac sleeps not working again. Hope they will fix this problem next update.

Same bug...

Was able to fix it by turning bluetooth off & back on again.

Same here, as well. I have two issues with M1/Air on Monterey 12.0.1 - the mouse scrolling not working in vertical or horizontal planes on wake and general (mostly Safari by the looks) memory leaks. By far the most annoying is the mouse. A restart of the mouse alone fixes the issue.

I'm having similar scrolling issues with Magic Mouse 2 on my 21.5" iMac (2017 model). It's only started doing it since updating to Monterey (currently on Version 12.0.1)

My Mac doesn't need to go to sleep to have this issue, it just periodically stops scrolling up & down for a few seconds, whether I'm using Safari, Excel, Word or whatever. The lack of scrolling seems to last for a few seconds and then it starts working again. (Battery level on the mouse is over 80% so it's not low on power).

This is really frustrating as I end up scrolling & scrolling with nothing happening, and then it just starts working again. I really hope there's a fix in the pipeline for this!!!

Same problem here. iMac27

As mentioned above it can be solved by switching the Magic Mouse off / on, quite annoying though

Having same issue with iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019 since Monterey was installed.

To resolve issue I turn smart mouse off and on to resolve problem.

Same problem here on my wife's M1 MacBook Air and it does it on my iMac Retina 2017 Intel.

Same issue here. SHutting off mouse and turning back on resolves.

Same problem on imac 27" 2019. Scolling stops after awake from sleep. This is really bad..

Same here on iMac

The same problem on MacBook Pro M1, with Magic Mouse 2

Same issue with MM2 on MBA M1 scrolling suddenly seems to stop, touchpad scroll works fine. Power cycle of mouse "solves" the problem.

Same problem on imac 27" 2017 with 12.0.1. Scolling with Magicmouse 2 stops after awake from sleep. After switch off and switch on again, it works but this is really bad.

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q