Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

scrolling up gets always blocked at some point, even on this forum or in my IDE or anything that shows long content. Solution? None. My stuff:

• MacOS 12.4
  • Macbook Pro 13' 2020 M1

I've tried to:

• reinstall Logi Options software
  • update Logi firmware (couldn't start the updater)
  • bluetooth off/on
  • mouse off/on
  • macbook restart
  • use 2 mice: one with usb connector (Vakoss) and another without (Logitech M585)
  • use different browsers (Safari, Vivaldi)
  • use different apps (Intellij IDEA, Microsoft Teams, App Store, Notion)
  • reviewed settings of all apps I am using in the background
  • scan the mac for any malware (CleanMyMac)

Any suggestions appreciated :)

I am having the same issue with my MacBook Pro M1 even with Monterey 12.4. The issue exists with the built in track pad!!

Purchased and received a new Mac Studio Ultra today, updated from 12.1 to 12.4 and my Logitech MX Master 3 mouse worked for about an hour and now as others scroll is broken. Why? £5,600 spent on this Mac Studio and it a) doesn't come with a mouse and keyboard so I had to mess about with old peripherals which thankfully I had or I'd have been stuck getting past the setup screen, and b) now this!

Sort this out Apple!!!

I have a logitech mouse and i am having the same issue. i am on M1 MBA (Monterey)

I was using Logitech Pebble till the Monterey came up... after the Macbook Air M1 upgraded to Monterey .. scrolling using pebble mouse has been stopped. i tried logitech options and other apps but of no use.

do we have a solution for this problem ?

Happens with Logitech MX anywhere 2. After sleep scroll stops working.

Solution: System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Accessibility -> Check Logi Options Daemon & Logi Options.

OK, end-to-end, my case was all about dirty mouse Logi M585 scroll wheel - this list helped: support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023179974

I'm having the same issue on 12.4.

Same here new Mac Mini version 12.4. Such a bummer to have to restart, please fix this Apple!

This is still a problem in 12.5 on my MacBook Pro 14 M1.

Same here: using a magic mouse A1657 (magic mouse 2), mini mac from 2018 and a MacBook Air (2019). Your post made me realise problems started after updating the OS to Monterey. Now I am keeping it updated constantly, hoping the next version will have the problem solved. I am now running 12.5. Still the magic mouse ánd the magic keyboard are not stable. The mouse indeed moves like a brick now and then, clicks are not handled half the time, selecting text has become a major challenge, moving windows across too and more... Started using the old magic mouse A1296 (magic mouse 1), for now this seems to work better. And as a spare I have a USB wired Dell ready. But please Apple, do something really quick about it. It is very annoying for I earn my living working all day with these products that used to work perfect before updating the OS!!!

Hi, I still experience the same problem. I had to connect and reconnect the mouse USB. I'm using my cheap and favorite A4tech OP-620D mouse.

Please note the scrolling works again when I unplug and then plug the USB back to the USB port once again. I initially thought it could be the Dongle I'm using but seeing this thread I don't think the issue is with the Dongle but it seems it has something to do with the Mac M1 or the OS/Software.

I'm using: MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) with Apple M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, macOS Monterey Version 12.5

I have the following running on the Background:

1. Wireguard 1.0.15
  2. Surfshark 4.3.0
  3. ESET Endpoint Security 6.11.202
  4. Magnet 2.9.0

I've had this issue since Big Sur 11.0, Now on 11.6.8, and still would have this issue on my apple mouse or Logitech M720 at random times. Accessibility has both logi option and other logitech item checked. Very annoying.

Thank you so much NemEx!!

Selecting "Logi Options" in System Preferences --> Security&Privacy --> Accessibility did the trick :)

Hi guys. I was having the same issue but figured it out. All you have to do is go to Systems Preferences, Bluetooth, and click the X next to your mouse on the right. This will remove the mouse. Then the mouse will re appear at the bottom, just click connect and the issue will be resolved. I hope this helps.

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q