Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

Monterey 12.6 also does not resolve this issue for my 16" M1 Pro + MX Master 2S. Turning my mouse off and on again brings scrolling it back to life again.

Same problem in 12.6, help us!

I was having this issue with Logitech vertical mouse and brand new Mac Book Pro M1 and I hope I resolved it using this method: Options in Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility - Grant Privilege to LogiOptions

This is still in issue in 12.6! I am experiencing this problem right now after a fresh boot. This happens randomly, and sometimes restarting fixes it. But that is kind of ridiculous when it is already a fresh start up.

I also have the same issue with 12.6. The problem went away for me after an upgrade but is now back agin.

I.ve been having this issue on and off for several months. I upgraded my system to os Monterey 12.4 several months ago aft the issue first presented itself then it has been fine until today. No scroll function unless I turn of the mouse and turn it back on then it only works for a few seconds and agin no scroll

Same issue. Super annoying!

MacOS 12.4 and upgraded to 12.6 - same problem. Mouse: Logitech M705 (via USB Dongle) and MX Master 2s (via BT), Logi Options Installed, Logi Options+ installed, also MX Master keyboard connected via BT.

Hello, I see that most of these posts are 11 months old, and even there is an accepted reply saying it's fixed with OS version 12.1. But I am running a MBP with an M1 Max on Monterey 12.6 and I STILL have this problem. Im using a Logitech MX master mouse 2. I'm connected via Bluetooth and I've noticed the scroll-wheel is disabled if either the Mac goes to sleep or if I move the mouse pointer from my MacBook screen to my iPad Pro screen. Either of those actions disables the scroll wheel and it does not return until I restart my machine. I've tried turning the mouse on and off, tried turning bluetooth on and off, and even forgetting and repairing the mouse. Nothing but a full restart gets the scroll function back. This is a major work flow interruption, is anyone able to point me to a fix? Or must I wait for an OS update? Thanks in advance for your help. Hope all are having a good day.

Same problem here with 12.1, 12.6 and now with Ventura.

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

I have MacBook Pro 16 with Ventura 13.0. At times, my Logitech MX Master stops clicking and scrolling, which is annoying. Is there a real solution?

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

Installing the newest Logitech Options Firmware and checking that the Logitech Options Daemon has Accessibility access at Security & Privacy > Privacy fixed the scrolling for me with my Logitech M585/M590 Bluetooth Mouse

Still having the same issue with Monterey 12.3 I have a Logitech MX Master 3. After the computer sleep, the scroll stops working.

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q