Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

I was using Logi Options, scrolling was working then stopped randomly. Scrolling worked again after enabling Logi Options in System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy tab / Accessibility.

Hi, I am using a 14" MacBook Pro M1 Max with macOS Monterey 12.3 and the same problem still occurs to me. Solutions?

This is not solved.

Had this scrolling issue on Monterrey with a Logitech M705. What seems to have solved the issue is checking "Logi Options" in System Preferences -> Accessibility. The Daemon was already checked, but Options wasn't. Problem hasn't recurred since.

On Monterey 12.3.1 with Magic Mouse, scrolling disappears and then reappears. Doesn't seem to correspond to battery level. If the mouse disconnects and reconnects from Bluetooth, that can restore scrolling.

Still experiencing the MagicMouse not working properlly after my M1 13" MacPro goes to sleep. Scrolling, Left Click seem to be most affected. The mouse simply won't scroll and left click is acting like a right click. Only solution so far is to still restart my mac anytime it goes to sleep.

The issue still persists. 12.3.1

This is not fixed in 12.1+

I am on 12.3.1 and there is clearly an intermittent stop in scroll using a mouse, but track pad is fine.

In Chrome and Slack, I can demonstrate with Logitech and Razer mice behaviour.

In Chrome on this website: https://pmd.github.io/latest/pmd_userdocs_extending_writing_java_rules.html#rule-execution

I tested on 2 Macbook Pros (14 & 16) both have the issue both on 12.3.1

It does not happen every time but with persistence it will and I can nearly with 100% certainty make it happen, within a 10second time period.

I have also done a video recording and will be sharing it with Apple.

Here are the 100% steps to make it happen but sometimes it happens for other reasons: Here are my steps to demonstrate the issue:

• On the above webpage or in Slack.
  • Go to the scrollable panel and scroll until you cannot scroll any more, e.g. 2 or three scrolls down(natural). It might scroll but 2-3 times and it should settle and stay settled at the top of the panel.
  • Go the the side panel on the same application scroll down 2-3 times (panel does not scroll so no visible affect).
  • Go back to the Scrollable panel, again scroll down 2-3 times and it should not move(expected).
  • But now scroll UP, and boom it does not scroll the text in the scrollable panel up (which it should)
  • now you can scroll up and down constantly and nothing happens as if the panel is locked in place (focus is not on that panel).
  • now either stop scrolling for a few seconds and it will work again, or move the mouse again and it will work.
  • Now once the scroll starts to work again you can sit there for a few more seconds and it will stop working (sometimes), as if the mouse loses focus.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

This same procedure can be done in Slack.app too, and I expect many other applications. I have been getting more and more frustrated thinking my mouse battery was dying or the wireless or laser or something else. But Wireless Logitech and Wired Razer mice both do the same thing exactly, on multiple apps. So this narrows the problem down to Apple and the mouse drivers, or maybe it is screen focus. which is highly possible because our macs continually lose track of which is the MAIN SCREEN (the menu bar moves to external display.

Again I have raised a ticket for this (problem has existed for 10years and Apple ignore it.)

This is not fixed in 12.1+

I am on 12.3.1 and there is clearly an intermittent stop in scroll using a mouse, but track pad is fine. In Chrome and Slack, I can demonstrate with Logitech and Razer mice behaviour. In Chrome on this website: https://pmd.github.io/latest/pmd_userdocs_extending_writing_java_rules.html#rule-execution I tested on 2 Macbook Pros (14 & 16) both have the issue both on 12.3.1 It does not happen every time but with persistence it will and I can nearly with 100% certainty make it happen, within a 10second time period. I have also done a video recording and will be sharing it with Apple. Here are the 100% steps to make it happen but sometimes it happens for other reasons: Here are my steps to demonstrate the issue: On the above webpage or in Slack. Go to the scrollable panel and scroll until you cannot scroll any more, e.g. 2 or three scrolls down(natural). It might scroll but 2-3 times and it should settle and stay settled at the top of the panel. Go the the side panel on the same application scroll down 2-3 times (panel does not scroll so no visible affect). Go back to the Scrollable panel, again scroll down 2-3 times and it should not move(expected). But now scroll UP, and boom it does not scroll the text in the scrollable panel up (which it should) now you can scroll up and down constantly and nothing happens as if the panel is locked in place (focus is not on that panel). now either stop scrolling for a few seconds and it will work again, or move the mouse again and it will work. Now once the scroll starts to work again you can sit there for a few more seconds and it will stop working (sometimes), as if the mouse loses focus. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! This same procedure can be done in Slack.app too, and I expect many other applications. I have been getting more and more frustrated thinking my mouse battery was dying or the wireless or laser or something else. But Wireless Logitech and Wired Razer mice both do the same thing exactly, on multiple apps. So this narrows the problem down to Apple and the mouse drivers, or maybe it is screen focus. which is highly possible because our macs continually lose track of which is the MAIN SCREEN (the menu bar moves to external display. Again I have raised a ticket for this (problem has existed for 10years and Apple ignore it.)

OK my findings were only found in Chrome and Slack. Slack is a Chromium App. and so I think this issue is with the Slack and Chrome developers. not with Apple.

Possibly this could be a fault in Electron framework, but Facebook Messenger did not have an issue.

Same here new MBP 14.2 Happens with BT mouse in Safari. Scrolling just quits working, A reboot and it will work for a while again.

Same Problem MBP 2021 M1 Pro Monterey 12.2.1

I don't seem to have the same problem in Chrome.

Interesting, I used my 2015 MBP the other day with Monterey 12.2.1 and didn't have the lagging experience with scrolling while using the built-in trackpad. Is this a Monterey issue, an M1 issue, an external trackpad issue? It even seems that my external magic keyboard lags.

Has anyone really fixed this problem?

Magic Mouse 2, Mac OS 12.2 , MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

8 times out of 10 when waking up from sleep, touch scrolling is not working.

• left/right click works
  • movement works

no scrolling.

Current cure. Switch off the mouse and switch it back on. Really infuriating that such as basic function is broken at this stage still

Still experiencing this on 12.4 on a M1 Max Max – using both latest Magic Mouse and latest Magic Trackpad. How many OS update will Apple need to fix this?

A quick fix, using the command line to restart the Dock fix the issue for me for the time being.

killall Dock

Still happening in 12.4 on a brand new Mac Studio M1 Max, with a Logitech MX Master. Rebooting the mouse fixes it until it happens again. Haven't understood yet why it happens exactly.

Between this issue, and that other crazy bug where a screen randomly freezes when two are connected, Monterey has been a workflow killer for now, and it's been only three days with this new machine.

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q