Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

I had the problem, and thought it was in the mouse. But it wasn't. It was my "traditional" mouse pad. The Magic Mouse 2 rolls smoothly and needs compatible surfaces to glide on. After experimentation, I selected a Honkid aluminum mouse pad, available on Amazon for about $13. No more problem. If you Google "mouse pad for Magic Mouse" you will see discussions of the reasons and the kinds of surfaces needed.

Same problem here. So first I called APPLE. They said to upgrade to Monterey (I had upgraded Big Sur, which is when the non-scroll issue started). So I upgraded. Same problem. They said to call Logitech. I called Logitech. After a load of useless information, they told me that THEY need to find a fix to match with Monterey and when they do I'll be notified. So who is it? APPLE, LOGITECH? Since the Magic Mouse has the same issue (which I almost bought before reading the forum), I'm not sure what to do other than keep my mini on all day and all night. Shutting the mouse on and off doesn't work (Logitech M510). C'mon Apple, you're smarter than this!

Working solution!

There is a free open-source app called Mos, which allows smooth scrolling on 3rd party mouses and as a side effect, it fixes this scrolling problem!

I have a 27 inch 2017 iMac running 12.1. 

None of the finger gestures work with my Apple Magic Mouse (which came with the iMac).

HELLO APPLE!? HELLO!?

Guess which finger gesture seems most appropriate right now?

I too have this problem still: 15" 2018 MBP here on Montery 12.2.1 with a Logitech MX ERGO on LogiOptions 9.50.122

Instead of restarting your Mac just turn the mouse on and off, its a much quicker way to get past this. I have MB Air M1 and its been doing it for awhile now.

Same problem here, but I got it on both wireless Logi M590 and a old wired M-U0026.

Got a Mac Mini (M1 2020) late January, it has the problem on Monterey 12.2.1. The problem came when I reinstalled MacOS from scratch, it was delivered with Monterey 12.0 without this issue.

I'm having a similar issue whereby I can't click on anything after the screen goes to sleep. I can move the cursor and scroll fine using either my trackpad or bluetooth magic mouse, however the click functionality doesn't work and only a restart corrects it.

The issue persist in Monterrey 12.1 as I have personally experienced it. See a work around below that fixed mine.

1. The issue is only visible in certain websites and after computers awaken from sleep mode
  2. Turning mouse off/on didn't fix my problem
  3. FIX. Go to settings/General/ and set "Show scroll bars" to **"Always" **

Return to the website failing to scroll, refresh and try scrolling : )

The issue persist in Monterrey 12.1 as I have personally experienced it. See a work around below that fixed mine.

The issue is only visible in certain websites and after computers awaken from sleep mode Turning mouse off/on didn't fix my problem FIX. Go to settings/General/ and set "Show scroll bars" to **"Always" ** Return to the website failing to scroll, refresh and try scrolling : )

Mouse Logitech Wireless Pro. Os 12.2.1. MacBook Pro. Scrolling does not require overloading, but it works extremely poorly, it would be better if they did not work at all. If you rotate the wheel slowly - there is almost no reaction, the reaction begins only with fast rotation, but with jerks. Some shame.

I am running M1 pro Monterey 12.0.1 with magic mouse 2 and I found that a quick restart would solve the problem. I would suggest turning off the screen saver to avoid the recurring of this problem.

I have the same issue now on 12.3. Been a graduation problem. Both the mouse and my Air Pod Max. Air Pod Max stutters when scrolling also sometimes. I guess its all a Bluetooth problem since so many things just stops working and they are all on BT.

Issue is NOT resolved. It's becoming a real hassle.

I am having the same problem, still not fixed, it is terribly inconvenient

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q