Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

Nothing was working, then I just plugged the usb cable to charge it and that worked (for now!) It also brought back my Mouse Settings.

I’m having the same problem on my MacBook Air 2020 M1 and I continued to return and replace the Logitech mice but now realize it’s to do with Monterey.

Same problem with Mac mini M1 (macOS 12.1 Monterey) and Trackball Logitech MX Ergo.

same problem. Magic Mouse 2, iMac 27". Immediately after Monterey update, mouse scroll will not work. Opening system preferences and accessing "mouse" causes system preferences to crash. Bluetooth menu also missing all my devices. Icon says bluetooth is off, but mouse still moves. I am amazed that such an obvious bug would be released. Desktop now useless. Thanks Apple.

This is also affecting my other mice like Logitech MX Master 2s and Logitech G502. A restart helps for a few seconds and then it is broken again. Only a restart of the system helps for a few minutes. Also, the function keys on my Logitech Mx Keys stop working at the moment too.

I'm on 12.1 and the problem just started for me. M1 MBP is less than one week old !! No scroll functions work on the mouse at all. I'm using a brand new Magic Mouse - worked for the past 5 days. Tried re-booting - didn't help.

My issue seems resolved now. I am on 12.1

Bug still present on Mac 12.1 (Mac Book PRO M1 Max) -- temporary fix is to turn Off Bluetooth then back On.

Come on Apple, how long before this get fixed?

Same problem on M1 MacMini. Never had this problem on BigSur though. Turning off and on the mouse did work but hopefully there's a patch to this. Currently on MacOS 12.1 and using Logitec MX Master 3.

I have the same problem. It started yesterday, I was using macOS Monterey 12.1, when the problem started I upgraded to 12.2, now, it's even worse.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

Tomorrow I'll buy wired mouse. Seems like that will be the only way to continue working

Monterey 12.1 has not fixed the mouse scrolling cut out on my imac

Same issue with Monterey 12.2

So frustrating. My MX Master scroll stops working every-time laptop goes to sleep. Monterey 12.2 on M1 Max. It get fixed after a restart but then stops working. I installed / reinstalled Logi Options but nothing works. How to report this bug to Apple? I am new to this forum, thanks

Same here. I am using Macbook Pro with Monterey 12.2.1 and Logitech MX mouse and mouse keep losing scrolling. Its frustrating.

Apple, we need urgent support in here..

Issue still persists, using Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2 mouse. Only thing that helps seems to be restarting the machine. Switching the mouse on and off does not help.

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q