Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

iMac 24 M1 same problem on 12.1. Ive tested mouse on my second pc - macbook 13 with big sur and same problem there - could by problem with mouse?

My mouse was also unresponsive after the initial update, but started to work and scroll correctly after the update. Although it still acts erratically at times switching to previous pages without swiping.

This is still broken in 12.1. At least for MacBook Pro/Monterey w/Magic Mouse. Switch the mouse off and then back on seems to resolve it. Not a solution but a workaround

I was having this issue with a Logitech M720 mouse and enabling Logi Options in Accessibility settings fixed that without a reboot. Not sure if that helps in any way with the Magic Mouse though.

It won't let me downvote the OSX 12.1 answer, which is incorrect, as many others have stated.

The person who said that you turn your mouse off/on wins the prize from me. That is a pretty simple workaround, until Apple actually fixes their bug.

FYI, my mouse a logitech. I'm sure you Apple fanatics are gonna cry foul, but I doubt its cuz its a logitech. Others are impacted, not just me.

Still having the scrolling issue on 12.1 w/ Logitech MX Mouse

The problem is still there after the update.

I have Logitech MX Master 3. although the scroll functionality returns after turning the mouse off and on, the scroll direction setting behaves as "Natural" and not "Standard" as configured in the Logitech app (Logi Options). Apple - please that

Same issue persists with the latest update. The solutions mentioned above simply do not work on my PC even though I tested dell and Logitech mice. Need to restart the Macbook air M1 to have the scroll back until it disappears after about 30 to 60 minutes of use. This is so incredibly frustrating on a work laptop that I am returning until the issue is fixed.

Having the same problem with Mac Mini M1 8GB, 256GB and Logitech MX Master. Scrolling suddenly stops working. I have to re-assign another device on mouse and connect back to Mac Mini to fix it. I already have Monterey 12.1 installed.

Same issue 16 inch macbook pro M1 pro, Monterey 12.1, Logitech MX Master 1 mouse. Going into Security&Privacy/Accessibility and unselecting and then reselecting the logitech option restores scroll, but scroll is later lost again until these steps are repeated.

I have exactly the same issue. I hope they fix it soon.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020) - Monterey 12.0.1

If for some reason the issue is still persisting, below is the solution that fixed my issue.

This usually happens when you have an external mouse connected via Bluetooth or a dongle to the mac, and whenever mac wakes up from sleep, the scrolling function of your external mouse stops working.

Here is how it was solved by SMC RESET and PRAM RESET!

Prior to Reset:

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds until your Mac turns off.
  2. Unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, dongles, and other non-essential devices.

SMC RESET

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if it is not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

PRAM RESET

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

For video tutorials, please search Mac SMC reset or Mac PRAM reset.

This fixed my mouse scrolling issue. If it solves yours please upvote the answer and reshare.

Same, with iMac 2020 and a Logitech Mouse. I bought a new one because I thought that the problem was the mouse but still happening.

Yes, same here!

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q