Banking App gives Jailbreak warning

Hi Community

I‘m having a strange issue.

Let‘s tell the whole story.

I had an iPhone 14 Pro Max and used normally my Swiss banking app „Postfinance“.

When iOS 17 was released, I decides to load the beta version of it. After that my banking app didn‘t work anymore and always claimed the iPhone to be jailbroken.

I then switched off the beta , but still the same issue.

Now i switched to the iPhone 16 Pro Max and still do have the same issue with a completely new device. For sure I transfered my data but this issue should be gone in my opinion.

I also tried to contact my bank. They say on their side everything is working fine with the iOS app.

Any idea guys? Is there anything I can „reset“ somewhere?

Best Fabian

Answered by DTS Engineer in 806239022

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include a sysdiagnose captured from the device while reproducing the problem, and post the FB number here once you do.

For sysdiagnose directions, please go here.

Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

I also tried to contact my bank. They say on their side everything is working fine with the iOS app.

If their app is falsely claiming that your device is jailbroken, then it’s a bug in their app. There’s nothing anyone at Apple or on this developer forum can do to help.

Any idea guys? Is there anything I can „reset“ somewhere?

If I were in your end-user shoes, I’d delete the app and reinstall it so that it there is no saved or transferred data.

Well I don‘t think so. As soon as I restored my old iPhone 14 Pro Max I was able to use the app normally. After restoring my backup it didn‘t work anymore. So in my opinion it is definitely nothing on their side. There has to be something „left“ from the iOS 17 beta in my data that I restored.

One thing is clear. I‘ll definitely not use my iPhone without restoring my data…

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include a sysdiagnose captured from the device while reproducing the problem, and post the FB number here once you do.

For sysdiagnose directions, please go here.

Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

Actually my guess is that the app (not the OS) stored a “this device is jailbroken” flag in the app’s settings, and then never actually checks again to see if the device has become non-jailbroken. This flag would be part of the app data that gets transferred to a new device or restored from backup. If it never actually checks for jailbreak again, then you will be stuck like this forever or until you uninstall the app to delete its saved settings.

And if your device isn’t jailbroken, then it’s a bug in the jailbreak detection that gave a false positive in the first place.

Banking App gives Jailbreak warning

Q