"Menu items are not visible, except by right-clicking. Users should not have to right click to access menu items"

Hi, I made a macOS app that automatically sets the correct input/output devices depending on the connected speakers/microphones. The App is supposed to live in the background and act automatically, only allowing the users to change through settings which is accessible through the toolbar or through clicking on the toolbar icon to cycle between modes.

However, my app was just rejected for not providing UI beyond this.

Guideline 4 - Design

"Menu items are not visible, except by right-clicking. Users should not have to right click to access menu items."

I don't think that this app needs a UI beyond that for something which it is supposed to do automatically.

I'm having a hard time to understand what's expected here, should I invent a UI to pass the review and give option to the user to disable that?

Upon more careful reading, I think no extra UI will be needed. Will try to resolve the issue by changing the default behavior of the icon and give option to the user to change it in the settings.

If you disagree with the outcome of our review, you may consider submitting an appeal to the App Review Board.When filing your appeal, make sure to:

• Provide specific reasons why you believe your app complies with the App Review Guidelines.

• Submit only one appeal per rejection.

• Respond to any requests for additional information before submitting an appeal.

The App Review Board will contact you directly as soon as they've completed their investigation.

"Menu items are not visible, except by right-clicking. Users should not have to right click to access menu items"

Q