CarPlay in IOS 18

CarPlay is not working in the new iOS 18 download. Anyone else having this issue?

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include sysdiagnose and sample project, and post the FB number here once you do. Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

Rico WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

I raised one and not heard anything. Added more details as I’ve found more. Feedback just seems to go in to a black hole with no response or updates

FB14918495

CarPlay notifications don't work at all since installing iOS 18, when you’re on your cars own media system. They did previously and I’ve proved it by using another iPhone on iOS 17.

They didn’t fix it as I installed iOS 18 yesterday and it displays maps, and everything but only plays music. Can’t make a call, can’t use voice to text since it does play through speakers, map guide doesn’t go through speaker. Oh and icing on this cake even unconnected my Bluetooth is connected for music but can’t make a phone call since there’s no sound. What a terrible job Apple. In essence my mobile phone is useless as a phone to call.

I’ve tried all the stupid troubleshooting I could find on the internet and it doesn’t work

CarPlay in IOS 18

Q