Frequently Used Emojis won’t change or update

I’m currently on the Public Beta version of IOS 18.0 on an iPhone 15.

Recently, about one or two days ago, I opened my keyboard to use my emojis as per usual, and noticed they had reset. All of them changed to that random array of emojis that Apple presents as Frequently Used before you’ve used your keyboard at all.

I found this odd, seeing as I didn’t do anything different, but chalked it up to being a bug from the OS that just randomly appeared. I tried using other emojis, and obviously, the Frequently Used remained the same.

I then proceeded to do the following:

1. After trying, and failing, at getting other emojis in the Frequently Used section, I restarted the iPhone. That didn’t work.
  2. I reset the keyboard dictionary. Again, no results.
  3. I removed the Emoji keyboard entirely. Then restarted my iPhone, and added it back. That still didn’t work.

Can anyone help me on this? Or will I have to wait for the next OS update and hope that magically fixes this?

Answered by notlewinsky in 798892022

I was following this thread from three days ago because I’ve been experiencing the same issues and was waiting on someone to give a solution.

Downloading and updating my iOS to the new iOS 18 Developer Beta helped fix this issue for me so it looks like the devs have fixed the bug that needed fixing.

I hope this helps you guys also!

The same thing is happening to me at the moment, I tried everything like resetting the settings, but it still doesn't work, it's really starting to become annoying.

Same thing here. I also tried all of your steps, but unfortunately without success. It is annoying me too to be honest.

Same. Ever since updating yesterday.

The same thing happened to me and my mom. It happened when we updated to the lates IOS 18 Beta. I bet this will get fixed with the next update. If anyone finds something els, help would be appreciated.

So I found a solution to everyone’s problem, they just came out with iOS 18 beta 5. I just updated my phone and tried out the the frequently recent emojis and they’ve changed from the ones that’s the original. I hope this helps.

Accepted Answer

I was following this thread from three days ago because I’ve been experiencing the same issues and was waiting on someone to give a solution.

Downloading and updating my iOS to the new iOS 18 Developer Beta helped fix this issue for me so it looks like the devs have fixed the bug that needed fixing.

I hope this helps you guys also!

Yeah, I thought it was just me. I’ve the beta for days, and it wasn’t an issue until I had to reset my entire phone for other issues and had to reinstall the beta. It’s quite aggravating.

The exact same thing has been happening to me. I honestly thought I was the only one so seeing this post and others commenting with the same issue is reassuring. I’m sure it’s a bug with the iOS 18 Beta that will be fixed soon. Just a part of the territory using Betas.

I have the exact same problem.

They just released beta 3, so maybe try updating to see if it fixes the issue.

I’ve Been Having The Exact Same Issue As Everyone Else Here. As @SecretLUL Noted, It IS Becoming Extremely Annoying/Frustrating!! Having To Scroll Along To The Set Location, Of EVERY Emoji Required 😤

I Have The Latest Developer Beta Installed; It Seems This Has Rectified The Issue For Many Of You?! Unfortunately, This Issue Is Persisting For Me . . . . !! That Exactly My Luck.

I was having the same thing happen to me 😭

Frequently Used Emojis won’t change or update

Q