Feedback Assistant, Apple Feedback wants me to install beta software

How to report a bug says "With Feedback Assistant available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and the web, it’s easy to report issues you encounter". The Feedback Assistant User Guide says "Tell Apple about your experience with beta or seed releases". Is Feedback Assistant only intended for reporting bugs in beta software?

A year ago I reported a bug in Xcode 14 and now I'm being asked to verify this issue with Xcode 16 Beta 3. I'm not a beta tester and I don't want to install beta software. How should I proceed?

Is Feedback Assistant only intended for reporting bugs in beta software?

It's for any bug you encounter, whether in released software or betas.

A year ago I reported a bug in Xcode 14 and now I'm being asked to verify this issue with Xcode 16 Beta 3. I'm not a beta tester and I don't want to install beta software. How should I proceed?

It's always a good idea to be testing your software on the latest betas, so that you're catching issues in your code early. The same is true when you need to report a bug to Apple — the sooner we know there's an issue the better, and that's also true when a bug is fixed. If you still don't see the expected behavior after the fix lands in a beta, letting us know that as soon as you can is helpful. You can install a beta version of Xcode alongside of the released version to facilitate this.

—Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

Feedback Assistant, Apple Feedback wants me to install beta software

Q