App versioning

I made an app that I plan to launch. Confused about its version number. Should I start with 0.0.0 ? Or 1.0.0

Please note some features which I planned are still in development and I intend to work on them after release. I am feeling the correct version would be 0.1.0 ? Please suggest Thanks

Answered by yalihart in 794063022

When deciding on your app’s version number, consider the current state of development.

0.x.x is typically used for early development phases, indicating the app is functional but still in progress and less stable.

1.x.x suggests a complete and stable release as of now, but it doesn’t mean no new features will be added in the future.

0.1.0 would be suitable if your app is usable and functional but still in an early stage with ongoing feature development. This signals to users that the app is evolving and may still have some rough edges.

Accepted Answer

When deciding on your app’s version number, consider the current state of development.

0.x.x is typically used for early development phases, indicating the app is functional but still in progress and less stable.

1.x.x suggests a complete and stable release as of now, but it doesn’t mean no new features will be added in the future.

0.1.0 would be suitable if your app is usable and functional but still in an early stage with ongoing feature development. This signals to users that the app is evolving and may still have some rough edges.

App versioning

Q