Xcode 15 beta 6: Undefined symbols, Linker command failed with exit code 1

Switched from Xcode 14.3.1 to Xcode 15 beta 6. My project does not build now. I fix one error - I get another. Works fine on 14.3.1 of course. Macbook Pro M1.

Here are errors I got:

1. DT_TOOLCHAIN_DIR cannot be used to evaluate LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS. I changed all DT_TOOLCHAIN_DIR to TOOLCHAIN_DIR.
  2. Then i got 'Stored properties cannot be marked unavailable with @available' in one pod, I removed these lines to silence this exception.
  3. Then some pods (SwiftSoup, Starscream, PromiseKit) gave me different errors, that I avoided with changing their min iOS version to 14.0.
  4. And finally I stuck with two errors: 'Undefined symbols' and 'Linker command failed with exit code 1'. None of them give me any info or show me the exact place of error.

I tried updating, reinstalling cocoapods, reinstalling all pods, cleaning derived data, cleaning build folder, adding -v to 'other linker flags'. Nothing gave me any clue.

Have same issues, my temporary solution is back to Xcode14, wait for Apple developer fix this bug :(

I am also facing same issue, I have tried many things but unable to resolve. I Also tried following script after pod install. But following issues are there -

1. Then i got 'Stored properties cannot be marked unavailable with @available' in one pod, I removed these lines to silence this exception.
  2. Then some pods (SwiftSoup, Starscream, PromiseKit) gave me different errors, that I avoided with changing their min iOS version to 14.0.
  3. And finally I stuck with two errors: 'Undefined symbols' and 'Linker command failed with exit code 1'. None of them give me any info or show me the exact place of error.
installer.aggregate_targets.each do |target|
    target.xcconfigs.each do |variant, xcconfig|
      xcconfig_path = target.client_root + target.xcconfig_relative_path(variant)
      IO.write(xcconfig_path, IO.read(xcconfig_path).gsub("DT_TOOLCHAIN_DIR", "TOOLCHAIN_DIR"))
    end
  end
  installer.pods_project.targets.each do |target|
    target.build_configurations.each do |config|
      if config.base_configuration_reference.is_a? Xcodeproj::Project::Object::PBXFileReference
        xcconfig_path = config.base_configuration_reference.real_path
        IO.write(xcconfig_path, IO.read(xcconfig_path).gsub("DT_TOOLCHAIN_DIR", "TOOLCHAIN_DIR"))
      end
    end
  end

Also same Issue. I noticed this has been reported in July already.

Why will APPLE release software knowing this major issue exists and make it part of the stable version?

I just upgraded to xcode15 and I'm getting "undefined symbols" but it doesn't tell me what they are. How can I troubleshoot that??

I'm doing a pretty basic cocos2dx game with spine.

It also has a new 'ignoring duplicate libraries' warning which makes me think its a clue but I can only find one version of the library it says is duplicate?

Xcode 15 beta 6: Undefined symbols, Linker command failed with exit code 1

Q