Missing iOS 17 device support files

I just have downloaded Xcode 15 beta version, and upgrade my iPhone to iOS 17 (which I use for developer proposes). Everything works fine, but when I tried to switch back to Xcode 14.3 (coping iOS 17 Device Support files from Xcode 15), I found that there're missing.

I re-download Xcode 15, but the result was the same.

Anyone knows what's happening? Or Where should the files be?

Answered by in 754878022

iOS 17 beta requires Xcode 15 beta.

Copying files from a newer version of Xcode to an older version of Xcode for any purpose was never supported. That it worked for your needs was coincidental.

As the system evolves, any expectations for "how things work" could be made invalid, and this appears to be the case here.

Please use Xcode 15 beta to work with iOS 17 beta.

For earlier OS and Xcode releases, please refer to the Minimum requirements and supported SDKs for appropriate and supported combinations.

—Jason.

I really hope this is not a permanent implementation of Xcode 15 as many users are still on Monterey and cannot upgrade due to software and/or hardware limitations such as myself. I'm not sure what the intention is other than to force users to use newer hardware as security fixes should always be long-term support and development software should have some compatibility at some level.

At this point, I am unable to run use my Xcode 14.1 with my iPhone XR running iOS 17.4.1; sure I can resolve this by downgrading my iPhone to 16.0 versions but that isn't ideal, and upgrading hardware is a hassle in itself. I hope some workaround for this issue comes.

Missing iOS 17 device support files

Q