Apple Watch Missing Developer Mode Option

I have an iPhone 14 running iOS 16.1 and my series 5 watch running watchOS 9.1. I was able to turn on Developer Mode on the phone by going to Settings--> Privacy & Security --> Developer Mode. On the watch however (I'm doing this directly on the watch and not on the watch app on the phone) once I'm in Privacy & Security, there is no option to select Developer Mode. How do I get my watch in Developer Mode in order to get a successful build in xCode?

I had the same issue, and that's how I manage to make it work: go to the settings on the iPhone -> Developer -> check " WidgetKit Developer Mode" Now if you go to your watch -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> you scroll all the way down, you will find Developer Mode waiting to be activated

I hope this will help you

No mater what I tried, the option to enable the developer mode on my watch just wouldn't show up.

What made the difference for me, is connecting the phone to the Mac via the cable. After that my watch showed up in the Devices window in Xcode and I was able to enable developer mode on the watch itself.

iOS18 watchOS11 macOS15 Xcode 16RC1 - Issue persists

iOS18 watchOS11 macOS14 Xcode 15.4 - Issue persists

I can install the app on to the phone but get an error when trying to install the app from the phone to the watch "This app could not be installed at this time".

The app does appear on the watch, when I try to open the app, I get the error:

Unable to Install "APPNAME" This app cannot be installed because its integrity cannot be verified

I purchased the watch in June '24 to do watchOS development, I figured they'd sort this out with the release of iOS18 and watchOS11. I've performed every step in this thread multiple times.

Apple Watch Missing Developer Mode Option

Q