No Developer Mode option on iOS 16 device.

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help me. After updating my iPhone 11 to iOS 16 and tried to launch an app from xCode on it, I noticed that I didn't have dev mode enabled. When I went to Settings > Privacy & Security to toggle the Developer Mode on, it wasn't there. There is no Developer Mode option in my settings, the only option and the end of Privacy & Security is Lockdown Mode.

I tried so many troubleshooting techniques and spent a lot of time looking for solutions. I tried powering on and off while connected to my macbook with xcode running and again without xcode running. Made sure my device has the latest update (iOS 16.0.2) and my device has trusted the connection to the Macbook as well. I also had the same problem on my girlfriends brand new iPhone 13, I was really hoping it was just my device but no, her device doesn't have the Dev Mode option either. Out of curiosity I asked my friends at work if they had the option but they did not. I even went as far as going into an Apple store and checking the devices on display and they didn't have the option either. And when I asked the staff their, they didn't know why the option wasn't showing up on mine or even their own personal devices.

The only source that I have found with the same issue as me is this youtube link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AEusqQV794), where it mentions that this is an issue with iOS 16 public beta users and not developer beta user and the only way to solve this is by sidloading the app which I am not gonna do. Please note that I am not running beta version on my device.

I can't help think that there's something obvious that I'm missing or need to do but just can't find it.

Any help or advice will by really appreciated :)

Thank you

Answered by Claude31 in 730839022

Usually it is enough to:

• Having launched Xcode
  • connect iPhone to the Mac via USB
  • Switch mode on device

But, to make a long story short, better contact support.

One reason it won't show is if you haven't finished setting up the device. At the top of setting's it will prompt you do go through some steps such as Touch/FaceID, wallet etc... I skipped the wallet step and it still fixed the issue. Developer mode appeared straight away after that.

I had the same problem, the developer mode was not available in security & privacy. Here is how I resolve it :

• Unplugged my iPhone.
  • Restarted my iPhone.
  • Plugged it back in.
  • Opened > closed > re-opened Settings
  • I did not restart Xcode nor my Mac, left them opened during the whole process.

And the developer mode appeared. Weird...

What fixed it for me is to sideload a dummy app using Altstore (https://*******.com/altstorelink) holding option, or using Sideloadly (sorry no link). I used the Altstore method. You can find a dummy app HERE. For some reason it wouldn't let me embed in the Altstore link. Why does this have to be so hard? It's 2024 and STILL...

FWIW, I had to disable my VPN in order for the option to appear.

I had the same issue and it is resolved by running Xcode on my connected MAC

tried the same thing followed tutorial etc all possible ways it's a bug

After tearing my hair out... (I'm on a windows PC) - ALL I needed to do in the end was disable Focus on an iPhone 12 (running iOS 17+). Developer mode showed up immediately thereafter. Thought I'd update this forum..

What I did was:

1. Updated my macOS
  2. Updated XCode
  3. Connected my iPhone via USB to my mac
  4. Then Trust the App
  5. You will see Developer Mode option is Privacy Settings in your phone.

It is in Settings -> Privacy & Security. When you hover on the device, the same is displayed.

For me the solution was that my developer account is a dedicated account, and not my general iCloud account that I have on the phone.

In Xcode, cmd + , to open prefs, click Accounts, add the account that the device is using in here (for me the personal account had been added in the past but the session had expired).

Then after logging in there, I went back to the drop down that shows all the devices which still said no eligible devices.

I click that which opened up the window.

And for me, I unplugged the phone from the cable a few times, but then on a whim I swapped the usb c in the MacBook from one port to another, and it popped up.

After that its just an intuitive setup process; select the device that appeared, trust the computer, restart, unlock the device, and there it is.

Thanks to everyone that contributed here for the tips along the way.

I have the same problem. I toggled developer mode on off on the device and it didn't seem to help. Xcode 16 still says developer mode is not enabled on the device.

No Developer Mode option on iOS 16 device.

Q