Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

Answered by MichaelAUDU in 698675022

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

Accepted Answer

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

All the same here unfortunately

Same. Frustrated. Hey, @apple, how about a solution?

It starts working again if i turn my mouse off and then back on.

Same issue as other, even on latest macOS. I was tired of having to turn the mouse off and back on every time I came back to my Mac. Removing the Magic Mouse from Bluetooth preferences completely resolved the issue for me. I was a little hesitant for fear of not being able to re-pair but it was smart enough to realize I had a Magic Mouse nearby.

1. System Preferences > Bluetooth > Clicked "X" next to Magic Mouse
  2. Turned Magic Mouse off using switch on bottom (I may not have needed to perform this step but did anyway)
  3. Waited a few seconds, turned Magic Mouse back on using switch on bottom
  4. Waited till Mac popped up with an alert that Magic Mouse is connected (I still had Bluetooth preferences at the time but I doubt this made a difference)
  5. Be patient during Step 4. It can take a minute to reconnect

Upon reconnecting, the Mouse was immediately scrolling and I had not previously turned it off and back on to get it to scroll again after being asleep. I put the Mac to sleep, woke it back up, and still connecting.

Hope this works for you!

Same issue... Monterey 12.0.1. Frustrating....

Same issue on my MacBook Pro with Monterey installed. I turn off the mouse, turn it back on then use the touchpad to navigate to the bluetooth and reconnect the mouse and the scrolling function works.

I have the same problem with my Brand new M1 16" mac on 12.0.1 Monterey. I have multiple mouses (briefcase, work office, home office, etc) and the problem persists no matter WHICH mouse I use. The only thing that (usually) fixes it is to turn the mouse off and then back on, or go into bluetooth, "forget" the mouse, and reinstall it.

That said, this happens multiple times a day. VERY frustrating!

Killing Logi Options Daemon should help solving it without restarting, until the next sleep ofc.

I have a late 2016 MBP with Monterey 12.1 installed. I use a Logitech M590 mouse as I do not like the Magic Mouse. After the update Magic Mouse scrolls ok but the other mouse still does not scroll.

I have a iMac 2017. Even with the latest Monterey update (12.1) this still occasionally occurs with my Magic Mouse 2 when I lock the screen.

Same issue. On 12.01. Issue persists. On/Off cycling addresses for now.

I also have this issue. Apple, please address!

Same problem here. I really hope this gets fixed soon as it is really annoying to "fix" the issue with cycling power or bluetooth reconnection. Fingers crossed!

Updated to 12.1 - buh bye scroll. Was endlessly restarting, duh. ON/OFF works. Insanely irritating.

Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Q