How to Fix Cracking and Popping Sound ?

Hello, is it anyone here ( or on this planet ) that can help with this issue on Catalina Mac OS 10.15.5 Beta 3 (19F72f).

I am using MacBook Pro 16 inches. 😟

there is definitely a problem with the audio buffers beeing played... i guess you are reading beyond the end of actual sound content when a sound finishes... will you ever fix this apple? do you even read this? there is no answer or reaction to those problems anywhere... we paid a lot of money and we expect the perfection you promise... so what is up? will you ever f**king solve those issues? is anybody even listening? hello?! anyone out there?

That is very annoying! In my case, the sound interruptions happen as soon as I start typing in IDE CLion with Clangd working in the background. Music is playing in Firefox 94.0.2. MBP 16 M1 pro, Monterey 12.0.1

The workaround with 96kHz in Audio MIDI Setup did not work for me. It is awful

I have notised unwanted, random mid frequency sounds disturbing me when viewing a YouTube video on low volume with the internal speakers. It goes away when increasing the volume. It is completely gone when using my external audio interface, whatever volume setting I choose. The computer was not struggling with lots of apps or other heavy lifting.

This is bad and not ok for the price. I think I need to return it after installing audio production stuff over the last 48 hours.

Monterey 12.0.1 MBP M1 Pro 16" (2021) You tube on Safari

Same happens to me on MBP 16 M1 pro, Monterey 12.0.1. any workaround?

i have also the same problem on MacBook Pro 14", 2021 M1 Pro 16GB Monterey 12.0.1 killing the coreaudiod process or to switch the audio format to 48HZ does not help...

I also have the same issue on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) after I upgrade my macOS from Big Sur(11.6.1) to Monterey (12.1). I had done NVRAM reset, safe mode, switch audio format still not working. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you!

I have the same issue. Here's my info:

Have owned 2010, 2013, and 2017 Macbook Pro 15" models, as well as 21.5" and 27" iMacs from 2011-2015. I upgraded to a 2020-model 16" Macbook Pro in September 2021 (brand new from Apple, few weeks before the latest line was announced).

Upon using the new 16" out of the box, I started noticing this audio pop/crackle issue almost right away. Mostly when multitasking & switching windows while having music or video streaming from Spotify/Firefox.

Apple did a repair on the laptop to replace the speakers, but the issue wasn't fixed.

Spending more time on the phone with a senior advisor now, he's gathering logs to submit to engineering to review.

Monterey 12.1 (21C52) MBP 16 M1 Pro. The issue is still there

I faced the same issue when watching a video in QuickTime and switching between Safari and Figma. I am using MPB M1 macOS 12.1. We are waiting for a solution to the problem!

Я столкнулся с такой же проблемой при просмотре видео в QuickTime и переключаясь между Safari и Figma. Использую MPB M1 macOS 12.1. Ждём решение проблемы!

Apple will not ever fix this. It has been there forever. They don't really care I guess. Maybe it is a hardware issue that apple won't admit. I am wondering if the new M1 MacBook pro has the same issue.

Just upgraded to Monterrey and now the sound is randomly crackling and popping to a degree that does not sound healthy for the spekers- been fine for over a year whilst on Big Sur so definitely an OS upgrade issue.

Facing the same issue on MacBook Pro on M1 Pro, Monterey 12.1 

Faced to similar issue after upgrading to Monterey (iMac 2017): cracking noice and terrible quality in WhatsApp/Zoom/Discord/Skype/Meet. While playing music or watching youtube it's all ok. Tried to decrease format of used output in Audio MIDI setup app to 44,1 GHz 2ch 64-bit - and it helped perfectly - have clear voice calls again.

Same issue as everyone on the Brand new M1 Max. Did all the same tricks, restarted coreaudio, changed frequency in midi. No good, they had me restore it, same issue. I ended up returning it and got a new Macbook M1 Pro. Worked great for a week, and then earlier today the crackling came back while watching an interview on Youtube. I don't know what else to do.

I'm experiencing the same issue when playing audio and switching between applications.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) osx: 12.0.1

How to Fix Cracking and Popping Sound ?

Q