How to Fix Cracking and Popping Sound ?

Hello, is it anyone here ( or on this planet ) that can help with this issue on Catalina Mac OS 10.15.5 Beta 3 (19F72f).

I am using MacBook Pro 16 inches. 😟

MacBook Pro 16 2021 on Monterey, Audio crackles very often. Just ridiculous.

I've had this issue the past like 2 years and it's terrible. It sounds like a messed up program. The noise is extremely loud and startling

2021 16in MBP, M1 on Venture 13.3.1

It does seem to happen more often when I'm playing/doing audio/music production stuff, also when load on my computer is higher

I fixed it!!!! Go to Audio MIDI Setup, then click on output speakers (mac default ones) and change the format to 88,200 Hz! It only crackles on 48 or 41 Hz (for me anyway).

Note: You can click on configure speakers to test out all the different Hz options with the speakers - hopefully one works for you.

what worked for my case was:

(Menu Bar): Go > Computer > Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > Audio

Delete the com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist and com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist files

Empty trash

Restart your computer

After this I tried listening to the same YouTube videos and Spotify and no longer had any crackling/popping so far. Was really excited that Apple's Support was able to help solve it so quickly. Hope this helps!

what worked for my case was:

(Menu Bar): Go > Computer > Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > Audio

Delete the com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist and com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist files

Empty trash

Restart your computer

After this I tried listening to the same YouTube videos and Spotify and no longer had any crackling/popping so far. Was really excited that Apple's Support was able to help solve it so quickly. Hope this helps!

I think this is an ongoing issue. I just recently purchased mine and immediately noticed this cracking sound whenever I try to watch videos with bass.

Device Details: Macbook Pro 14" 2024 Sequoia.

How to Fix Cracking and Popping Sound ?

Q