How to Fix Cracking and Popping Sound ?

Hello, is it anyone here ( or on this planet ) that can help with this issue on Catalina Mac OS 10.15.5 Beta 3 (19F72f).

I am using MacBook Pro 16 inches. 😟

I receive 2 error types every crack PageFaultsOffIOThread and PageFaultsOnIOThread

CAReportingClient.mm:508   message {
    "HAL_client_IO_duration" = 351958;
    HostApplicationDisplayID = "com.spotify.client";
    cause = PageFaultsOnIOThread;
    deadline = 18178302;
    "input_device_source_list" = "";
    "input_device_transport_list" = "";
    "input_device_uid_list" = "";
    "io_buffer_size" = 512;
    "io_cycle" = 236;
    "io_cycle_budget" = 11354166;
    "io_page_faults" = 1;
    "is_prewarming" = 0;
    "is_recovering" = 0;
    "issue_type" = overload;
    lateness = 25;
    "other_page_faults" = 38;
    "output_device_source_list" = "Internal Speaker";
    "output_device_transport_list" = BuiltIn;
    "output_device_uid_list" = BuiltInSpeakerDevice;
    "safety_violation" = 1;
    "sample_rate" = 48000;
    "scheduler_latency" = 10383875;
    "smallest_buffer_frame_size" = 256;
}: (
)

and

CAReportingClient.mm:508   message {
    "HAL_client_IO_duration" = 522208;
    HostApplicationDisplayID = "com.spotify.client";
    cause = PageFaultsOffIOThread;
    deadline = 25166942;
    "input_device_source_list" = "";
    "input_device_transport_list" = "";
    "input_device_uid_list" = "";
    "io_buffer_size" = 512;
    "io_cycle" = 687;
    "io_cycle_budget" = 11354166;
    "io_page_faults" = 0;
    "is_prewarming" = 0;
    "is_recovering" = 0;
    "issue_type" = overload;
    lateness = 78;
    "other_page_faults" = 9;
    "output_device_source_list" = "Internal Speaker";
    "output_device_transport_list" = BuiltIn;
    "output_device_uid_list" = BuiltInSpeakerDevice;
    "safety_violation" = 1;
    "sample_rate" = 48000;
    "scheduler_latency" = 11475583;
    "smallest_buffer_frame_size" = 256;
}: (
)

On screenshot you can see timestamps of these errors. Very often...

I have been experiencing this issue with a MacBook Pro 14" model since I bought it late last year (2021).

I went to the Apple store & at the genius bar they checked my MacBook & then I was referred to technical support; I had uploaded video recording showing the audio issues & also uploaded system logs. This was back in Jan when I was in contact with technical support the last I heard was that it was being investigating by engineering at Apple...

Hi, I would just like to say it's absolute ******* ******** that we have to put up with this bug. Thank you.

Macbook Pro 14", 16/512, MacOS 12.3.1 It's insane!!! terrible bug. it's impossible to use Macbook like sound source from any application. Crackling and Farting every 5-10 seconds. (Apple Music, SoundCloud, Youtube in Safari, Firefox or Chrome, even Google Meet and Zoom are farting). And doesn't matter if it's internal, or external speakers through 3.5 jack, even AirPods Pro and JBL soundbar connected via BT are doing that.

APPLE! Are you serious?! Thousands of reports and you can't fix this ugly bug of your OS?? Or nicely looking button at the end of settings menu is more important than that??? I've cancelled Apple Music subscription because of this bug - it's simply impossible to listen music without frustration. Thinking about switching to an older version of Macbook or even migrate to another camp. PLS, DO SOMETHING!

Same issue here in my new and so expensive MacBookPro 14'' 2021 running on Monterey, had something similiar in my MacBook Pro 2015. If I had to guess I would say it's a firmware problem. Apple, DO SOMETHING, shame on you.

Mac Book Pro 14 m1 - same problem ;/

Quitting other applications is not a reasonable fix. Also this question is two YEARS old. Shame on you, Apple.

Same here 🙋‍♂️

This happens from time to time (often) when listening to music in the official Spotify app

device: MBP 16 M1

Just wanted to add I have the very same problem from the beginning I bought my Macbook, hoping it helps..

I have a Macbook pro 14" M1 2021 model, running various macOS Monterey updates so far (12.3.1 at the moment).

Tried several fixes I could find, but none of them worked for longer than a short while. (And to be honest I don't feel like being busy with fixing problems like this on a laptop in this price range).

As someone mentioned here already if I keep my memory pressure in the green, then I get no distortions at all.

Still waiting for someone to confirm that starting/resetting to a clean OS without restoring backups fixes this bug for good?

Adding my voice to the long list of users suffering from this issue. I've tried everything mentioned in this Community post and have had no consistent success: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253531295?page=4 It only happens on my Apple Silicon 16 inch. My 13inch Apple Silicon MBP does not have this issue.

Same Issue. HOW TO FIX?

Has anyone tried this yet? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253515366?answerId=257293297022#257293297022

I just did it, I have nothing more to lose because this problem is making me crazy!

I started having this issue when I upgraded to a new expensive Macbook Pro with a M1 processor. Never had any USB audio issues with my previous Macbook Pro.

My extremely good quality USB DAC (Chord Mojo) has essentially become a paperweight since it will start having clicks and pops within the first 15 minutes of listening to music.

I tried switching USB cables, adapters, switching apps, shutting down apps. Nothing works. It's the USB output from Mac that's the issue. High CPU usage seems to make it worse but is not required to reproduce this. Running MacOS Monterey.

It's absolutely ridiculous with a laptop of this price range and apparently the issue has been reported over a year ago if not two.

Apple, fix it. Fix it now. I paid almost two thousand euros for this machine, not to mention the audio hardware!

This makes me sick.

So if you want to listen to music, you can't use any other applications at the same time? That's hardly a fix. :D

How to Fix Cracking and Popping Sound ?

Q