Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Hey guys

I’ve been trying to pay for Apple Developer Program enrollment for about a week and still no luck. As well as I got from a small talk with the customer support – Apple never got my money. So it seems like my payment authorization fails all the time. But I don’t know what’s really going on.

Have any of you ever had issues like that?

Or maybe you just know what’s going on and how to fix it?

Answered by Apple Developer Support in 626670022
We do accept Russian credit cards to pay for the Apple Developer Program. If you've been unable to complete your order, please reach out to Apple Developer Program Support for assistance. Please note that you may be asked to provide verification details as part of the order completion process. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.
I've been trying for a month, I'm on my third payment attempt. I've contacted support but as I've just found out about this today I don't know whats going on yet.
Same from Brazil.

Tried three different cards, four machines and nothing.

Great job Apple...
I turned to the guy who wrote below for help (tareyev.grigoriy@gmail.com). He solved my problem, the account was registered in 3 days. For the service Gregory took a small fee. This is the only way that helped me.
October 2020 and the same problem, without notification, without notice or any other type of information about the payment of the plan
October 2020. Same issue here. From the US, tried 3 credit cards. A business credit card went through first, and I got the confirmation from Apple, but within minutes the bank sent fraud alert and apparently cancelled the payment even though I confirmed it. None of the cards would go through after that. I keep getting: "Your payment authorization failed on card •••XXXX. Please verify your information and try again, or try another payment method." for any card, including the one that worked in the beginning.   
I had this problem for 3 weeks i created a new account with my country, it didn’t work, then use my personal one to apply not working.

then i asked my mom who has an active USA account and debit card from usa
she applied for me and in 2 hours she was a developer.
outside usa the things that Apple support is “send id to confirm my identity “ i waited and nothing at all.
they dont even capture the payment (thing occurred with the usa card) and 2 hours later was debited and accepted for developer program

hope this information helps those who are struggling with it.

same issues, in colombia try with 3 or 5 time with 2 different credit card, no report problem.
Same from Pakistan
From Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Also having a problem with the enrolment. Although i didn't get to this step yet. They told they will give me a call to verify my details. After 2 month of back and fore changing accounts and submitting government details.

Frankly speaking these steps should be advanced and put in a step way for a person to understand what is happening.
Same here in Germany. Still pending for no reason.
I contacted apple support and they told me to use the iphone app.
For some reason the website is not processing payments.
But the app is fully operational I was able to create my account in a few hours using the apple developer iphone app.
Hi everyone!

I've had the same issue for months (since April). I'm from france with debit cards and also tried with friends credit cards.
Spent hours on the phone with Apple support which literally said they couldn't do anything for me.

Recently I managed to order a credit card, it still didn't work but I contacted the support again and they escalated things to the paiement team and in a few weeks they managed to bill me!

I'm not sure how this work but I can only advise you to get a credit card, Apple with then be much more helpful.

Good luck!
this has happened to me 3 times, its most likely due to either conflicting information on file, nothing major, reach out to a Senior advisor and they will do a special arrangement for you and that will work , very detailed process. hope this helps
Hi all,

I have been stunned by the whole process that I, and many of you, have had to endure. We have been struggling to renew our developer account for 3 and a half weeks now. It has been a cause of destress to us, as like many of you, our livelihoods depend on our development. I sent the following information to Apple, hopefully some one will look into this and take this issue seriously as right now, it feels like Apple views developers like second-tier users. I hope this can be rectified.

Over the past 3 and a half weeks, have tried to pay for the developer renewal with FIVE different cards:

Card 1 - Apple Credit Card (U.S.)

Card 2 - Wells Fargo Debt Card (U.S.)

Card 3 - Absa Credit Card (South Africa)

Card 4 - Discovery Debt Card - (South Africa)

Card 5 - First National Bank Credit Card (South Africa)

• We have tried to make payment between these cards 12 times in 3 weeks. 

• Even my brothers Apple Credit Card has not gone through yet. We expect it to be an accepted means of payment for Apple’s own developer programs. 

• If you view our orders page linked to our Apple ID, it shows 11 cancelled enrollment orders and 1 current order which says ‘Enrollment Complete’. When you click on the ‘Enrollment Complete Order’, it says something has gone wrong and to contact support.

• Each card has sufficient funds on them. The Absa credit card is the default payment method linked to our Apple ID. We make App Store purchases with this card without issues. Why can't Apple just charge this card if it is saved to our Apple ID profile?

• We have contacted Apple Support on multiple occasions and have been assigned the following support case numbers:

101224361196, 101224341107, 101224333864, 101223687065, 101211232179, 101209915626, 101206863093, 20000060031657, 101224712673, 101224973875, 101224973028, 101224992486.
  • We have only received 2 replies saying there was an issue with the financial institution. 

• We have called all banks and they have not seen any attempt to charge these cards, including the Apple Credit Card.

• I have sent through my government issued ID and the government issued ID of my partner.  

• There are possibly thousands of developers facing the exact same issues as one can see from this thread.

Apple has been in the spotlight for a while regarding it's developer relations. I do not see how removing any means of communicating with a human via the phone, and implementing an email system that produces no results, is Apple's way of showing it appreciates its developers and the billions of dollars it generates from them every quarter in commission fees. We are helpless right now and something has to be done to highlight this issue.

Was trying to extend my Apple Developer account for almost 3 weeks. No luck with any of my credit cards. Tried 3 different card options and even tried to create a new account with a different Apple ID.
Thanks to tareyev.grigoriy@gmal.com got the account finally extended.
Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Q