iMessage has merged 2 conversations of 2 different contacts

Hi all,

I've 2 separate conversations with 2 different contacts (not the same phone number, nothing in commun).

On my MacBook (High Sierra) everything works fine.

But on my iPhone X running iOS 12 beta 3 (since beta 2 I've this bug), these 2 conversations are merged.

When I write to one or another of these 2 contacts, it displays the 2 conversations in one screen. It merges them.

When I try to create a new message, when I enter one of the 2 contacts, I don't know who receive the message, it's not always the same one that receive the message.

That's really annoying.

Does anyone have this issue too?

I filled a bug reporter for that.

Regards,

Alexandre

I might have found a solution

1. Delete one of the merged contacts
  2. Delete the thread
  3. Add the deleted person’s contact

Idk if this will work for others but it worked for me and just in case turn off group messages in settings - messages.

Yeah I recently got the iPhone 14 pro and it merged my contacts between my mom and one of my friends... now anytime I text my friend it says my mom's phone number and her contact photo at the top. Anyone else have this issue?

This has just happened to me so can confirm is still an issue and none of the fixes seem to be working. Messages between my mum and my boyfriend have been merged and they do not share an apple ID

I am having the same issue on my 11 iPhone plus. I got out of a movie and turned my phone on, and my texts between my boyfriend and one of my friends had merged. Every time I try to text him, it pulls up my text with her instead. I’ve tried everything from deleting both their numbers, block them, add the contact back or unblock, toggle off iMessage, but nothing is working. Is there any update for anyone else?

I am having the same problem where I can not text my mother and it always goes to my coworker. One has an iPhone and one has an Android and they have different numbers. I can call them separately. I have tried deleting text messages and contacts and nothing is working. I also do not receive messages from my mother only my coworker. Even if I type in her number to text not the contact it will go to my coworker, not my mom.

I had this problem this morning. iMessage merged two conversations from two distinct contacts with no history of shared conversation or shared Apple ID.

One contact had been merged from an old Android phone. Somehow, this number got associated in Contacts as a second number for the other contact. Once I sorted that out and corrected the information in Contacts, iMessage sorted itself out.

Posting this here in case it happens to someone else sometime. Maybe you'll find this useful.

iMessage has merged 2 conversations of 2 different contacts

Q