Watch OS 5 update says not connected to Internet

I went to check for a Apple Watch OS and it says not connected to Internet. I am definetly connected via Internet on my iPhone 6 so I am lost at what to try. I have done the following

1. Switched the iPhone and Watch into Airplane mode then back on

2. Rebooted the watch and the iPhone

Not sure what to do next, any ideas would be welcome.

Many years later and still having the same issue! Took me 3 days to figure out how to connect my old apple watch to my new iphone 14. This is what finally worked for me:

• have both phone and watch charging
  • reset apple watch
  • delete watch app on phone as well as old back up versions (deleted via storage in settings)
  • updated iphone to latest IOS
  • paired manually with code (not image)

Only then did it work for me and even then it took 5 hours to update and connect where i didn't touch either device. Good luck!

Dont know the dude that posted about utilising a hotspot rather using wifi but that is what worked for me after trying everyone else's solutions for hours. Hope it works for you. He saved hours of my life lol

Hello,

I finally solved the issue for myself using the steps below if it helps you.

Disconnected phone from icloud till the end. Reset the watch to factory default. Reset the phone to factory default (everything erased). Put both the phone & watch on charging. Started the pairing procedure as usual. This time error didn't occur "your watch is not connected to the internet". Software started downloading (8.8.1). then preparation, verification, installation & synchronization that was proposed one after another by the phone. It took around 3-4 hours for everything to finish. Now, watch is working fine as before.

hope it helps!

cheers

Connect your phone and Watch to power and try it all again and it will work

Watch OS 5 update says not connected to Internet

Q