Watch OS 5 update says not connected to Internet

I went to check for a Apple Watch OS and it says not connected to Internet. I am definetly connected via Internet on my iPhone 6 so I am lost at what to try. I have done the following

1. Switched the iPhone and Watch into Airplane mode then back on

2. Rebooted the watch and the iPhone

Not sure what to do next, any ideas would be welcome.

same with me my dad and my brother nothing is happening it says not connected to the wifi. and then it won’t let me update it. idk if it is the app rn or if it is my phone or watch i have the sires one my dad has the sires 3. idk if it is because it is so out of date or not but it would be nice if some one knew how to do it without a different phone or a macbook!!!!

I had the same problem. Tried to pair, connected to iPhone, update required, no internet connection message.
  1. Reset watch

2. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone

3. Make sure your phone is connected to wifi

4. Start pairing process again without bluetooth.

Works like a charm. There must be an issue with the Bluetooth.
TechnoDad
watch won’t pair without Bluetooth on phone switched on
Same problem again with Version 7.3.2
new Apple Series 5, same issue
turning off Bluetooth is just not working as Bluetooth need to be enabled

switching from 5GHz network to 2.4GHz network solve the issue

Apple should fix it... it's annoying...
Had the same issue with the Series 4 watch. Disabled WiFi, and I was able to download the update using a mobile network (iPhone 12).

The update to watch was paused so I used a 2.4GHz WiFi network and it worked.
I just spent an hour on the phone with Apple support going through several of the suggestions above. My watch has been in a drawer for a year and a half and paired fine with my older iphone 6. Now my series 1 watch will not pair with my iphone 8.

The support manager's only suggestion was that it must be hardware - I have to prepay $218.31 to mail it to them to fix it.

What else can I try to get the watch to upgrade? It is working fine.

Turn off cellular only have wifi activated.

Take the watch off the charger and try again. It will begin the update. You can now put your watch back on the charger. I know, I know, it says to leave the watch on the charger while updating. But it works, so who cares. Give it a shot. It worked for me.

I tried all these suggestions, and what finally worked after multiple resets and powering on and off is pairing it back to the phone manually, with the code instead of with the camera. Doesn’t make sense but it worked.

Mine worked after 3 times of

Delete watch app and log out of iCloud on iPhone XR then hard reset of both watch Seried3 and iPhone. Forget wifi on iPhone Network reset on iPhone Log into iCloud once again Airplane mode and only WiFi on iPhone Fully charging both phone and watch to 100% Tried to download new software and pair watch while both on charger and it worked..

This is after sending it in for valuation for R250 to the iStore then getting quoted on a new device because apple themselves cannot resolve the problem!

Turn off cellular data but stay connected to wifi

I have restarted both watch and phone, unpaired, deleted app reinstalled app. It is still giving me the dumb not connected to internet Cant update. I am so livid. My watch has been useless for months can someone explain this thing to me? Idk what to do I am so frustrated with it

I have restarted both watch and phone, unpaired, deleted app reinstalled app. It is still giving me the dumb not connected to internet Cant update. I am so livid. My watch has been useless for months can someone explain this beta thing to me? Idk what to do I am so frustrated with it

Same here...Chongqing, China

Watch OS 5 update says not connected to Internet

Q