Watch OS 5 update says not connected to Internet

I went to check for a Apple Watch OS and it says not connected to Internet. I am definetly connected via Internet on my iPhone 6 so I am lost at what to try. I have done the following

1. Switched the iPhone and Watch into Airplane mode then back on

2. Rebooted the watch and the iPhone

Not sure what to do next, any ideas would be welcome.

Deleting and reinstalling the Watch app on my iPhone 11 running iOS 14.0.1 resolved the issue and allowed me to pair and update my Series 2 Apple Watch.
hey
i have a solution. u just need to clear all data and then try to update! just click crown button and side button and hold until it will be black screen. then when apple logo will appear you should hold side button. then click erase all data. and thats it! good to go
My watch is now completely useless, update won’t work, says no internet connection, reset watch, reset iPhone, won’t let me pair unless software update has been installed but keep getting ‘no internet connection’ when I do have one... I’m stumped!
What FINALLY worked for me after not having this thing work for 3 months is just deleting the dang Apple Watch app and then redownloading it...
Finally solved this problem. I used some methods in this thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/652021. The following are the steps worthing trying:
  1. Set your router to use 2.4GHz only. Turn off 5GHz option if there is one, and then restart the router.

2. Reset your phone's network.

3. Restart your iPhone and restart your apple watch.

4. Delete watch app and reinstall it.

Then it should be able to download the update.

I have been facing this issue since WatchOS 7.0.2 was released and I updated my phone to iOS 14.

I followed many of the steps included below but not limited to:
  1. Hard reset of watch (Series 3 42mm aluminum non-cellular)

2. Hard reset if phone (X)

3. Deleting all data on watch

4. Deleting watch app

5. Resetting network settings

6. Switching to a 2.4 GHz network

What finally fixed it for me was taking the watch off the charger and putting it on my wrist. I believe before the update I had a message saying there was not enough space to download the update, but I cannot be sure. Deleting all data may or not be necessary, but try putting it on your wrist.

I had a Series 5 which was previously paired with an iOS 13 iPhone. When I attempted to pair with my iOS 14 iPhone, the Watch app was requiring me to update the Watch OS before pairing. I was getting the "Unable to Connect to the Internet" message regardless of all the router troubleshooting previously mentioned.

The trick for me was attempting to pair it with my wife's iOS 13 iPhone. I stopped when it told me her iPhone iOS needed updated before I could pair with the Watch. When I attempted to pair again with my iOS 14 iPhone, it worked!

There seems to be an issue with being previously paired to an iOS 13 iPhone and needing the Watch OS to be updated before pairing with an iOS 14 iPhone. I'm surprised this hasn't been patched yet.
I just solve the question doing these steps:
1) turn on Airplane mode on iPhone and turn on wi-fi
2) turn on Airplane mode on Apple Watch and turn on wi-fi
(both at the same internet network).
Then tried to install form Watch App (iPhone).
It worked fine.

What I did and it works like a charm:

Step 1. Hard Reset Watch 3 (Hold down crown button and power button until screen goes black. When apple logo comes on take your finger off crown button and hold power button until you see the watch prompting to erase all data) Erase all Data

Step 2. Delete watch app on iPhone and then download it again on iPhone.

Step 3. Bring phone and watch closer to wifi modem.

Step 4. Put watch on charger

Step 5. Put Your phone on airplane mode but have Bluetooth and WiFi turned on.

Your good to go then.
I tried everything in this thread. The only thing that worked was pairing the watch with a ios13 device, updating, resetting the watch and then pairing with the ios14 device. Hope this helps anyone struggling with the same issue.
In my case, I just disconnected my iPhone from my 5Hz network and connect it in 2.5Hz and try and works!
I can confirm that despite multiple efforts spanning over 48hr, the only way I got the update completed on my new Series 5 Stainless was to setup using a wiped iPhone 7 with iOS 13, and then unpairing and pairing with your chosen iOS 14 device. No help from online support who prompted to have it sent for “repair”. This is by far the most reliable method for kickstarting the update on your chosen device. Ensure you’ve also factory wiped your Apple Watch too (if it’s new from box and hasn’t been set-up before).
I have the same issue. What if you do not have a iPhone with the old iOS 13? I am trying to pair my iPhone 12 with iOS 14 with my watch 5. Impossible, due to internet connection. Very frustrating as I have spend a solid evening trying to figure this out.
I too had the same cycle with a swappa purchased apple watch 4. I then followed some earlier advice I saw here and the phones I had on 12.xx and 13.xx said I needed to upgrade the phone first. I couldn't uninstall the watch app either as my primary apple watch was still paired, this was for family sharing account for the 7yo.

I reset the series 4 40mm 2 times, there was conflicting advice here, I held the crown and button until the apple logo, I tried the crown till apple then the button till reset but gave up on the button, let go and reset it again. Definitely a break that needs a fix from apple.

Good luck!
I have the iPhone 11.... and I just bought a Nike series 5, 40mm watch from Best Buy this Black Friday, so like a week ago.
So when I opened the watch it had to be updated before I could connect to my phone. But I couldn’t get them to pair ! on my phone it kept saying I wasn’t connected to the internet! Even though I Was connected 100%...
so I went on YouTube to try and find some helpful tips and what I found was,
Go to settings and reset network settings,
Then after That I shut down my phone and left it off for like 30 seconds. And after all that it still kept saying not connected to internet. Lol
So I was sooo angry! That I just gave up and Left both my phone and my watch Charging over night. And when I woke up in the morning I tried it again and It WORKED! I was so happy.
Then I realized your watch and phone both have to be 100% charged and Keep them hooked on the charger or else the new Update for ur watch Won’t show up on your phone because it’s usually like A 40-60 minute long update... so let them both be 100% plus hooked on charger and it will work. I wasted all that time resetting my phone when all I had to do was be 100% charged lol
Watch OS 5 update says not connected to Internet

Q