Can locked/hidden apps in iOS 18 be tracked by developers?

Hey everyone,

I work on an app with VoIP calls and essential notifications features, and I'm curious about the new locked/hidden apps functionality in iOS 18.

Specifically, does iOS 18 provide any way for developers to detect if a user has hidden their app from the home screen or app library? I want to notify users if they hide the app, core functionalities like VoiP calls and notifications might not work as expected. Furthermore, would critical alerts also be hidden from the notification center?

Any insight on whether Apple exposes this information to developers, or if there are indirect ways to detect hidden status, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Answered by DTS Engineer in 806563022
I want to notify users if they hide the app, core functionalities like VoiP calls and notifications might not work as expected.

AFAIK these features have no associated API. It sounds like you have a use case where such an API would be helpful, so I encourage you to file an enhancement request for the features you need.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer
I want to notify users if they hide the app, core functionalities like VoiP calls and notifications might not work as expected.

AFAIK these features have no associated API. It sounds like you have a use case where such an API would be helpful, so I encourage you to file an enhancement request for the features you need.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Can locked/hidden apps in iOS 18 be tracked by developers?

Q