Revoking Certificates

My Mac died and I need to revoke all Developer ID certificates which I cannot do myself. I have 5 of each so can't currently add new ones. How do I get these removed. I have submitted a ticket to Apple 10 days ago but other than the acknowledgment have heard nothing.

I am totally stuck!

Answered by DTS Engineer in 805972022

You’re talking about Developer ID Application and Developer ID Installer certificates, right? If so, please start off by reading The Care and Feeding of Developer ID, which is my general advice on this topic.

My Mac died and I need to revoke all Developer ID certificates

Are you sure? Generally, you’d only revoke a Developer ID certificate if the corresponding private key has been compromised. That’s different from you having simply lost the private key.

Regardless, there’s nothing we can do for you here on DevForums. You will have follow up with DevPrograms.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

You’re talking about Developer ID Application and Developer ID Installer certificates, right? If so, please start off by reading The Care and Feeding of Developer ID, which is my general advice on this topic.

My Mac died and I need to revoke all Developer ID certificates

Are you sure? Generally, you’d only revoke a Developer ID certificate if the corresponding private key has been compromised. That’s different from you having simply lost the private key.

Regardless, there’s nothing we can do for you here on DevForums. You will have follow up with DevPrograms.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Is it normal for Apple Support to take over 10 days to respond to a support request?

Revoking Certificates

Q