IOS app fails to build on Xcode 16 RC but had no issues on Xcode 15

Xcode 16 RC refuses to recognise my iPhone 13 mini running IOS 18 as a device and won’t compile onto it. Using the exact same setup I can compile onto my iPad running IOS 17.5.

Xcode used to compile onto it (Xcode 15.x and iphone on IOS 17.x). My iphone is a known device in my developer account. I have switched on ‘Developer Mode’ in the iPhone Settings and rebooted. I am using an Apple lightning cable. I’ve tried changing USB ports. The Mac recognises it in Finder.

On one app my minimum deployment is IOS 17. I have created a new app where the minimum deployment is IOS 18 and tried both in combinations, below.

I can plug in my iPad running iPadOS 17 and Xcode 16 RC will compile successfully onto it (app is minimum deployment IOS 17) , just not my iPhone now that I upgraded it to IOS 18. I have:

1. installed the Iphone 13 mini simulator with IOS 18 on Xcode 16 RC and compiled successfully to that with both apps.

2. rebooted all devices and replugged all devices in countless combinations, countless times.

3. tried different apps with different minimum deployments, including sample code written by others.

4. tried setting my minimum deployments to IOS 18

The main issue is that at best, Xcode 16 RC ‘sees’ my iPhone mini and tries to pair with it but doesn’t succeed. I tried following this thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/764196?answerId=804884022#804884022

and tried ‘Quick fix 1’. Which at least allowed Xcode to sometimes ‘see’ my phone, but after a few reboots, no longer does.

Quick Fix 1: “Open Terminal and run (replacing the path to Xcode 16.0 if needed): sudo installer -pkg /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Resources/Packages/XcodeSystemResources.pkg -target /“

Apple M1 Pro - Sequoia 15.0 (24A335)

Xcode Version 16.0 (16A242d)

I have submitted feedback: FB15264854

IOS app fails to build on Xcode 16 RC but had no issues on Xcode 15

Q