Invalid Executable. The excecutable `......app/Frameworks/hermes.framework/hermes` contains bitcode.

After upgrading to XCode 16, while uploading apps to app store, it's throwing below error and not letting me upload it. It's iOS app. Please help.

Invalid Executable. The excecutable ......app/Frameworks/hermes.framework/hermes contains bitcode.

Bitcode is no longer supported. From the Xcode 15 Release Notes:

Deprecations: Bitcode support has been removed, and the ENABLE_BITCODE build setting no longer has any effect.

You should rebuild that framework with a recent version of Xcode so that it no longer contains bitcode, or if it comes from a vendor, contact the vendor for support.

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

The version I'm using is the latest only of XCode. How do we solve this?

"Frameworks/hermes.framework/hermes` contains bitcode. "

It does not have any name of external vendor.

I encountered the same problem. In order to resolve this issue, you need to strip the bitcode present in your OneSignal package. You can use the following command inside your bash terminal:

xcrun bitcode_strip -r OneSignal.framework/OneSignal -o OneSignal.framework/OneSignal

If you want to read the solution in detail, then you can read my full article posted on https://medium.com/@abdulahad2024/fixing-bitcode-issues-in-xcode-16-how-to-resolve-invalid-executable-errors-when-uploading-ios-da07a5a39c7c.

Invalid Executable. The excecutable `......app/Frameworks/hermes.framework/hermes` contains bitcode.

Q