Settings.bundle in iOS 18 seems to no longer work.

Hello Dear Developers,

Is it only to me or in iOS 18 there's a problem with Settings.bundle, Im using my settings.bundle to set my enivement for my app but after upgrading to iOS 18 I can't see my Settings.Bundle in my settings iphone,

just to mention that I also updated my xcode to 16.

Anyone who has occur with this problem? :)

Hi ,

We are facing the same issue. Looking forward for any updates and suggestions.

This is the same behavior I am seeing with an app that has worked fine since iOS 14.

Although I cannot be 100% sure this is the or a potential cause, I can reproduce this broken behavior.

If you make a new project in Xcode and add a settings bundle, it will work 'out of the box' - and you'll see the sample settings populated in the template. They have String, Checkbox, and Slider.

If however you add a multi-value option, the settings bundle will disappear. If you remove the multi-value option, clean the build folder, and redeploy, you should see the sample setting controls again.

So this is possibly either a change in how multi-values are supposed to work or a bug. I guess the workaround would be to not have multi-value options in the short term but that seems a little user-unfriendly for a shipping app.

We see the same behavior. Settings.bundle is not showing when building from Xcode 15.1 and installing on iOS 18.

Unfortunately I've a lot of settings in root.plist (and other) and since iOS 18 that doesn't work : we see only few Apple prefs in my app Settings. This is a big problem for me ...

We are seeing the same issue. This had been working since 2019 and is critical to the working of our product offering. We don't have any multi-value options in our plist. Installing our app on a device running iOS17 works as expected with the bundle being displayed correctly.

We are also seeing the same issues. It is working on iOS17 but not on iOS18. Did anyone submit a ticket to apple for this issue?

Sorry to hear this is also a problem with no multi-item defaults.

I have submitted to FB15267454.

@anthroDevChris Based on your post we created a new Settings.bundle and as you said, out of the box it worked! We started to add a couple of items from the original bundle and they worked as well. We tried to copy items from the original and paste them in the new instead of recreating the entire bundle but that didn't work. As soon as we pasted in the old, the entire bundle disappeared in the app settings. We deleted all of the pasted items and it started working again. We ended up recreating all of the previous iitems manually and when we finished, it wasn't showing up again. We deleted one item at a time and found out that the Title type was also causing the issue. We changed all of the Title type entries to Text Field and it resolved the issue. Certainly not ideal. Based on this finding, we tried to go back into the original bundle and change all of the Titles to Text Field but that didn't work either. Seems like there might be some format change with the new bundle file.

We resolved the issue by removing the Title type field from the Root.plist file in Settings.bundle. We did not create a new file, just edited the old one. The following lines were removed: <dict> <key>Title</key> <string>Main Settings</string> <key>Type</key> <string>PSTitleValueSpecifier</string> </dict> Hope this helpful to anyone else struggling with this.

Your suggestion to look at the raw .plist XML was interesting. I also tried this and manually keyed in a Multi-Value option and it appears to work now?

I slowly copy-pasted from an older plist to the new one and was able to get them all working. Unclear if it is a legacy project issue in Xcode or something else, but I can confirm that I was able to get multi-values working by editing the raw file.

I had a problem with multi-values. When I deleted this row, everything OK.

Settings.bundle in iOS 18 seems to no longer work.

Q