App crashes: CA::Layer::layout_if_needed(CA::Transaction*)

I've seen several users experiencing an app crash that I've been unable to find the root cause of so far. I've tried manual symbolication but have been unable to reproduce it. It only occurs for iPad device running on iOS 17.6.1. Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 805546022

It appears to be a crash while a Core Animation transaction is open. Start by checking other threads in your app to see if they are accessing some Core Animation related properties or functionality that could be interfering with that.

It appears to be a crash while a Core Animation transaction is open. Start by checking other threads in your app to see if they are accessing some Core Animation related properties or functionality that could be interfering with that.

Hi Apple Team,

Thank you for your response. I have checked the other threads, and it looks like none of them accessed any core animation-related properties or functionalities. Is there by any chance whether SwiftUI or WebCore causing this from other threads? Also I could not find a particular start point from my app where it was triggered. Is it a system related crash? Could you help out me to find the root cause of this crash and fixing the same. I have attached the logs from all the other threads for your review. Please have a look.

App crashes: CA::Layer::layout_if_needed(CA::Transaction*)

Q