Can CarPlay app working when app in phone is fully closed?

I'm woking on CarPlay app. Recently when I fully closed my app on ios phone it also close the Carplay app. So is there any solution to show the alert to users know that you have to open the app to use these features in carplay. The message I want to show it in carpla

Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 805421022

Hi, if the user launches your app first in CarPlay, then your app will only receive a car scene. It will not receive a phone scene unless the app is also launched on iPhone.

CarPlay apps need to be fully functional if they are launched only in CarPlay; the app cannot assume it will receive a phone scene at any point.

There are a small number of cases where an app cannot continue without being launched on iPhone. Generally this only applies to login and sign-up flows which are not available on the car screen. Some apps will show an alert that, when the user stops driving, they should open your app on the phone.

Accepted Answer

Hi, if the user launches your app first in CarPlay, then your app will only receive a car scene. It will not receive a phone scene unless the app is also launched on iPhone.

CarPlay apps need to be fully functional if they are launched only in CarPlay; the app cannot assume it will receive a phone scene at any point.

There are a small number of cases where an app cannot continue without being launched on iPhone. Generally this only applies to login and sign-up flows which are not available on the car screen. Some apps will show an alert that, when the user stops driving, they should open your app on the phone.

Can CarPlay app working when app in phone is fully closed?

Q