ios 18.0 im stuck on lockscreen

Dear Apple Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my frustration and seek assistance regarding an issue I am experiencing with my new iPhone 15 after updating to iOS 18.0.

Since the update, my device has become unresponsive and is stuck on the lock screen. I have attempted multiple troubleshooting steps, including resetting and restoring my iPhone, but unfortunately, none of these actions have resolved the problem.

Here are the specific steps I have taken:

I performed a force restart of the device by following the appropriate button sequence. I attempted to restore the device using iTunes/Finder by putting it into recovery mode, but the issue persists. I have ensured that my device is charged and that I am using the original charging cable. Despite my efforts, my iPhone remains unresponsive, and I am unable to access any of its features. This situation is quite concerning, especially considering that I rely on my device for daily communication and tasks.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or solutions you could provide to help resolve this issue. If there are any further steps I should take or if I need to bring my device in for service, please let me know.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Answered by u55ray in 804945022

After updating my device to iOS 18.0, I encountered a significant problem: my iPhone is now stuck on the lock screen and is completely unresponsive. This issue has rendered my device unusable, and I am unable to access any of its features or functions.

In an effort to resolve this problem, I have diligently followed several troubleshooting steps, which I would like to outline for your reference:

Force Restart: I attempted a force restart of my iPhone by quickly pressing and releasing the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down button, and then pressing and holding the Side button until the Apple logo appeared. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

Recovery Mode: Next, I connected my iPhone to my computer and opened iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina and later). I then followed the steps to put my device into recovery mode. I was presented with options to either update or restore my device. I chose the "Update" option to reinstall iOS without erasing my data. However, the device remains stuck on the lock screen.

Checking for Hardware Issues: I ensured that my device was adequately charged and used the original Apple charging cable. I also checked for any visible signs of hardware damage, but everything appears normal.

Accepted Answer

After updating my device to iOS 18.0, I encountered a significant problem: my iPhone is now stuck on the lock screen and is completely unresponsive. This issue has rendered my device unusable, and I am unable to access any of its features or functions.

In an effort to resolve this problem, I have diligently followed several troubleshooting steps, which I would like to outline for your reference:

Force Restart: I attempted a force restart of my iPhone by quickly pressing and releasing the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down button, and then pressing and holding the Side button until the Apple logo appeared. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

Recovery Mode: Next, I connected my iPhone to my computer and opened iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina and later). I then followed the steps to put my device into recovery mode. I was presented with options to either update or restore my device. I chose the "Update" option to reinstall iOS without erasing my data. However, the device remains stuck on the lock screen.

Checking for Hardware Issues: I ensured that my device was adequately charged and used the original Apple charging cable. I also checked for any visible signs of hardware damage, but everything appears normal.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or solutions you could provide to help me resolve this issue. If there are additional troubleshooting steps I should consider

ios 18.0 im stuck on lockscreen

Q