GPS position becomes on the middle of the sea when connected to apple carplay on iOS 18.0

I cannot use maps and google maps, whenever connected to carplay, both gps position on the iphone and head unit becomes located in the middle of the sea.

My device is iphone 15 pro max, official ios 18.0

tested on two different iphones on ios 17 and ios 16 from the dealership, everything normal.

any same experience?

thanks

I have exactly the same issue. Was fine until I updated to iOS 18 and only does it when connected to CarPlay.

I am also facing the same issue. I am using iPhone 13 and recently I have updated the OS to iOS 18.0. Since that day, maps are showing blank on the car when I connect through the Apple CarPlay, and a message is displayed after a few minutes on the car screen stating the location information is not available. When I start the car immediately maps are turning to blank on the car display.

I have the same issue, I believe. My car is a Volkswagen TCross 2024 with Carplay. My phone is a iPhone 13 Pro Max 128gb. Before updating to iOS 18, everything was working fine with the GPS based apps such as Waze, Google Maps and Apple Maps. The navigation was fluid and I had no issues at all. After the iOS 18 update, all the GPS apps have an issue that is it seems that the map is "jumping around" while driving. Sometimes it jumps to a place that I'm not at and the navigation becomes confusing and unsafe. After a few seconds, my position is acquired back and the map shows the correct position. Apple Maps, Waze and Google Maps at their latest version. Yesterday I did a iOS rollback to version 17.7 and tried again all the GPS navigation apps at Carplay and it seems to be fixed, the maps aren't jumping around in this version.

If any of you on this thread has filed bug reports please share the Feedback IDs.

GPS position becomes on the middle of the sea when connected to apple carplay on iOS 18.0

Q