Could not build Module 'UIKit'

Im currentrly having this issue when compiling iOS for my react native app. The error is "Could not build Module 'UIKit'" which brings more subsequent errors down the line like "Could not build module 'DarwinFoundation'" and "Could not build module 'Foundation'. Might it be an error of dependencies or something like that. Im currently on MacOS sequoia, running XCode 16 and trying to build on iOS 18 with react native 0.75.3. For context, i inherited the project with React native 0.69.7 and had to upgrade.

Please help, i've been stuck for days and i do not know what to do. Everything in the internet talks about XCode 16 beta but not the actual public release.

Answered by esalinasbarros in 805272022

For anyone that comes across this post, the issue was fixed by commenting out a line in the Podfile that said:

use_modular_headers!

This fixes this issue but only if you are not using firebase. If that is the case, i don't know what you should do.

Accepted Answer

For anyone that comes across this post, the issue was fixed by commenting out a line in the Podfile that said:

use_modular_headers!

This fixes this issue but only if you are not using firebase. If that is the case, i don't know what you should do.

Could not build Module 'UIKit'

Q