Xcode does not see devices although finder does see them

I was using a version of Xcode and macOS that wasn't fully updated. When I tried to deploy my app to my phone I got the following error message "IOS Version Incompatible with Xcode version". At that time Xcode recognized my device. I updated my mac and updated Xcode. Then everything was fully up to date but now Xcode cannot see my device. I have tried with multiple different devices and it does not see any of them although finder recognizes all of them.

I have tried the following so far:

Every single suggestion from the tack overflow post: "Xcode does not see my iOS device but iTunes does" Ensured developer mode is turn on on my iPhone Restarted my iPhone and mac Deleted and reinstall xcode Tried a brand new empty Xcode project Reinstalled command line developer tools Restarted usbmuxd Deleted derived data Removed all vpns tried different usb cables (I am pretty sure the cable shouldn't be the problem though since this cable was working when Xcode and my iOS version wasn't compatible) Reset trust settings on my iPhon Tried manually adding my device to device and simulators but it says no devices found I opened up console on my mac and saw the following output "error 20:08:46.847760-0700 managedappdistributiond Simulator is not supported"

I do not understand what is going wrong for me right now. I cannot think of nor find any other solutions right now.

Is it not showing them in the run destinations list or is it not showing them in the Devices & Simulators window.

The run destinations list will filter out devices that are not relevant to the chosen scheme.

If you don't see it in the Devices & SImulators window, can you check xcrun devicectl list devices? Is it there?

Xcode does not see devices although finder does see them

Q