Can't change startup disk security policy, MacBook Pro 2021 Sonoma

I want to modify my security policy from the startup security utility. When I try so to modify the options:

• Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers or

• Allow remote management of kernel extensions and automatic software updates

I get: The operation couldn’t be completed. (SDErrorDomain error 104.)

Trying to install UAD Arrow and need to change the security policy.

Any help will be appreciated.

Answered by alexey.serdykov in 804626022

After a week of struggling I was able to fix this. I couldn't upgrade to macOS Sequoia because of the same problem(I think it is the same problem but different errors). I was getting a personalize software error and couldn't upgrade by any option(tried different variants).

So I turned Find My Mac off. Then upgraded to Sequoia(I think you can skip this if you don't want to upgrade). And after that I was able to reduce the security policy. Hope that will work for you too.

Having the same problem on new Mac mini

Accepted Answer

After a week of struggling I was able to fix this. I couldn't upgrade to macOS Sequoia because of the same problem(I think it is the same problem but different errors). I was getting a personalize software error and couldn't upgrade by any option(tried different variants).

So I turned Find My Mac off. Then upgraded to Sequoia(I think you can skip this if you don't want to upgrade). And after that I was able to reduce the security policy. Hope that will work for you too.

I think it's a weird problem, because I bought two exact Mac minis and only one of them had this issue with upgrade and security policy.

Can't change startup disk security policy, MacBook Pro 2021 Sonoma

Q