Driver Kit App Signing for Release On iPad

I'm working on an app that contains a USB Driver Kit extension for iPad (NOT MAC). The app contains two targets, the core app and the DriverKit extension target. I can run the app just fine using a dev cert and provisioning profile. ** What is the step-by-step process for signing the release build?** There seems to be no way to create a release profile for the Driver Kit target. I've tried multiple avenues, but come to a dead end on each. I have requested and received the correct entitlements.

Also, on a separate note, has anyone achieved this process using Fastlane? It seems particularly resistant to building the app with the driverkit extension, even for dev builds. It complains about the driverkit dev profile not being an iOS profile.

Thanks!

@ssmith_c Thanks you. That is helpful information, but I'm still unsure what provisioning profile to use for the release build's DriverKit Extension target. Can you clarify that for me? Let me clearly layout my issue:

• We have an Xcode project that contains two Targets: The Core App (meaning the main application that contains all views and most functionality) and the USB DriverKit target (which is just the USB driver).
  • I have a development certificate and two development provisioning profiles. One for the Core App, and one for the the USB DriverKit target.
  • I can run the development build just fine out of Xcode. I can sign them manually or automatically in the Xcode and run them. I can also create a build for development using XcodeBuild from the terminal.
  • BUT For release I currently only have one provisioning profile for the Core App. There is no way to create a Release provisioning profile for a DriverKit target.
  • How do I sign the build for release using XcodeBuild? What is that process? Can you break it down step-by-step? Do I simply use the same DriverKit development profile and just change out the entitlements.plist? That seems like it would still block the app from running on iPads that aren't registered in the development profile.

Thanks in advance for you help with this.

Driver Kit App Signing for Release On iPad

Q