Message Filter Extension not working with iOS 18 RC

If I run an app with a message filter extension on a phone with iOS 17.N then it works as expected. However if I run the same app (totally unchanged) on a phone with iOS 18 RC then there's multiple problems.

• I noticed there's no longer any logging from the extension in the Console (while there is for iOS 17 devices)
  • in the messages app the filter sub categories aren't displayed (but they are on iOS 17 devices)
  • if I try to debug the extension and place breakpoints in it, then there's an exception that occurs when the extension is enabled and the OS logs this (this doesn't occur with iOS 17 devices)

'/private/preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/lib/swift/libswiftIdentityLookup.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/swift/libswiftIdentityLookup.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)

I tried running on: iPhone with iOS 17.6 - no problems iPhone with iOS 18.1 beta - has all the above problems iPhone with iOS 18 RC - has all the above problems

Was surprised the RC is so broken in this area as its release will be imminent. As things stand, I can't get a MFE to work at all with iOS 18. Anybody else with the same issues?

Message Filter Extension not working with iOS 18 RC

Q