Does chaging TeamID affects identifierForVendor?

Does chaging TeamID, also chages identifierForVendor?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 803378022

Please reply as a reply; if you reply in the comments, I may not see it. See Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips for this and other titbits.

Yes, we talking about app transfer

Hmmm, if you transfer the app between two teams then, by definition, your app is coming from a different vendor, and thus I’d expect identifierForVendor to change.

Regardless, I recommend that you pay here to this comment from the identifierForVendor documentation [my emphasis]:

if your app stores the value of this property anywhere, you should gracefully handle situations where the identifier changes

can we lose KeyChain data?

I talk about this extensively in App ID Prefix Change and Keychain Access.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Are you talk about an app transfer? That is, you’ve transferred the app from one team to another?

Share and Enjoy

Please reply as a reply; if you reply in the comments, I may not see it. See Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips for this and other titbits.

Yes, we talking about app transfer

Hmmm, if you transfer the app between two teams then, by definition, your app is coming from a different vendor, and thus I’d expect identifierForVendor to change.

Regardless, I recommend that you pay here to this comment from the identifierForVendor documentation [my emphasis]:

if your app stores the value of this property anywhere, you should gracefully handle situations where the identifier changes

can we lose KeyChain data?

I talk about this extensively in App ID Prefix Change and Keychain Access.

Share and Enjoy

Does chaging TeamID affects identifierForVendor?

Q