When displaying and playing multiple AVPlayers side by side, some video playback unintentionally speeds up.

When displaying and playing multiple HLS videos (4 or 6 screens) side by side using AVPlayer on iPad devices running iOS 17 or later, even though the videos are set to play at normal speed, some frames appear to be skipped, causing the videos to play faster than intended. This issue occasionally occurs when repeatedly playing and pausing the videos, and the more screens there are, the more frequently it happens. However, the occurrence rate is not very high (about 1 in 50 times).

This phenomenon has been reproduced on iPad devices running iOS 17 or later and does not occur on devices running iOS 16 or earlier.

Devices where the issue has been confirmed:

iPad 6th generation / iOS ver 17.6.1 iPad 9th generation / iOS ver 17.6.1 iPad Pro 11-inch 1st generation / iOS ver 17.4.1 I have tried implementing countermeasures based on information from similar issues, such as those mentioned on the following website, but the problem remains unresolved:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/77224167/avplayer-unexpected-behaviour-after-ios-and-tvos-update-to-17-0

From the console logs, I observed that on devices running iOS 17 or later, the following log was output:

AppleD5500: Bad NAL type 10

I suspect that some kind of decoding failure may be occurring, leading to the issue described above. If you have any information or can provide support on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello @shimada, please use Feedback Assistant to submit a bug report and please post here your bug report's ID.

I have submitted the same content along with the sysdiagnose to FB15075745. Please check it.

When displaying and playing multiple AVPlayers side by side, some video playback unintentionally speeds up.

Q