withCheckedContinuation crashes on Xcode 16

We are using a 3rd party SDK which crashes on iOS 18 in certain scenarios. They say they need Apple to fix this bug ahead of release https://github.com/swiftlang/swift/issues/75952 but I'm skeptical since it is only a few weeks away most likely. The bug seems pretty bad so is there any chance it will be fixed before iOS 18? We aim for a same-day release so would be great to know if we need to remove the 3rd party SDK or not.

@Cnordvik2 Did you find the cause of the problem, I had the same problem as well.

Well, that’s ‘fun’.

Following issue #75952 leads me to FB14855530 and thence to an internal bug (r. 134793410) and back to PR #76218. That suggests that the issue has been fixed, but I’ve no idea how that translates to an Xcode release vehicle.

The good news here is that this only seems to affect unoptimised iOS apps running on macOS, so it shouldn’t hold up you shipping your products.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

@DTS Engineer from my crash reports it seems my app is having this crash in the wild on an iPhone 12 mini with iOS 18.0 beta 2.

I got the crash when debugging on my mac (in line with your comment above), at "withCheckedThrowingContinuation", while using Xcode 16.0 official.

For the released build I used Xcode 16.0 RC.

Can you confirm if a higher iOS beta (or official release) is required to see this fixed?

There are at least three threads running for this issue.

I’m going to focus my efforts on the first one.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

withCheckedContinuation crashes on Xcode 16

Q